+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What would you say to a famous historical figure if you could talk with them?

Default What would you say to a famous historical figure if you could talk with them?

Who, what, and why?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: What would you say to a famous historical figure if you could talk with them?

Kurt Cobain...I'd make him listen to Limp Bizkit albums and watch assorted Fred Durst interviews and tell him "That man has your head tatooed over his heart"...I'm pretty sure he'd put the shotgun down and head back into the studio.

I'd all have a Terminator 2 kinda vibe...with future Courtney trying to stop me.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: What would you say to a famous historical figure if you could talk with them?

geez, there's so many people I'd like to say " what the fuck were you thinking?" to... But I guess the first person that pops into my head would be Vladimir Lenin. first i'd explain all the problems with Marxism, and then i'd suggest he read the works of Bakunin, Orwell, and Ghandi. I'd tell to him that in a country that's dominated by agriculture and is poorly suffering from a lack of industrial resources, the only way to balance out the equation is to create a wage-slave-labor mass-production sytem, which in turn only reinforces the allready existing heirarchical serfdom of the prolitariat; the by product will be a bourgeois regime no different than the czarist rule. the end result would only be a total collapse of the communist system, or an insurection by the people. the problem is that there's no way to sustain the same old policy of an authoritarian economy without creating a class division. The only hope would be to appoint a concensus union of local farmers that work togther to trade among each other for goods and services, and to divide the wealth among each member regionally and stage communal senates that will decide which person is best suited to what skill that will benefit the needs of the community members as well as appaoint ambassadors that will relay an information line throught the autonomous regions. this system will render the soverign state power useless by crushing it's civil and finiacial control over the people, and will prove to be a true competitive force against capitalism.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Kurt Cobain...I'd make him listen to Limp Bizkit albums and watch assorted Fred Durst interviews and tell him "That man has your head tatooed over his heart"...I'm pretty sure he'd put the shotgun down and head back into the studio.

I'd all have a Terminator 2 kinda vibe...with future Courtney trying to stop me.
    I wonder how many people would skip offing themselves if they really knew what the impact would be.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

ohh hell timothy Leary ,in a heartbeat, hell i wound,t even ask anything just listin,Y?, becuz his speeches where the main factor in my mental state right now and for the past year or two

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Jim Morrison. I'd ask him if my Dad's there with him, smoking a big fatty together and rockin' out

Cthulhu23's Avatar Dark Dreamer

I would ask Ghandi if he would like something to eat???

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i would ask my pirate heroes Sir Francis Drake and Black Beard for advice on how to be more pirate like

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Tell Hitler not to go to Russia. Start with England. Okay maybe not. Maybe sit down with DaVinci and ask him what's so great about this girl that he needs to lose his head...err, ear over her. Or maybe Salvador Dali, sit and talk with him, that would be an interesting lunch date.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Maybe sit down with DaVinci and ask him what's so great about this girl that he needs to lose his head...err, ear over her.
    K
    Wasnt that Van Gough?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Wasnt that Van Gough?
    You know you're right, sorry I just woke up. Still like to talk to DaVinci about his flying machine, talk to Van Gogh about his ear and his girl. There. Thanks for straightening me out.
    K

poison's Avatar Senior Member

i'd like to sit down with emily bronte for a few hours, get her to explain everything in detail about "wuthering heights" so i could finally pass my exam well after 2 attempts! either that or play dollies with anastacia (of the russian romanoff dynasty) and get her to tell me if she dies alongside the rest of her family or whether she escaped...

+ Reply to Thread