+ Reply to Thread

Thread: louisaina graveyards?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default louisaina graveyards?

hey so have any of you guys been down in the lousiana graveyards,apparently there are more graveyards there than any where else,and the pictures freinds have shown me are amazing ,i want to plan a bit of a photo/fun!! trip this halloween and don't know where to go?

"i like my women like i like my coffe,ground up and in the frezer"-someone (sorry thats just funny as hell) had to show someone

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: louisaina graveyards?

I went to NewOrleans last year and loved it !!! I was in all the cemeteries and took pictures, but there is a problem that people forget to mention. The notorious graveyards are all located smack-dab in the middle of the ghettos. They are "turf"/"territory". And over-run by the gangs that enforce that. To enter them, it is heavily recomended that you go with a tour group and guide, as the boys are used to that. To be on ones own may not be so great. I went with two twisted friends and snuck around the aisles of above-ground tombs, like in a labyrinth, and tried to avoid the gangstas and crackheads. Maybe I was lucky or something, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

devilmutt's Avatar Senior Member

the graveyards are cool down there...but not somewhere you want to get caught after dark...or so i was told

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Yeah the problem with graveyards is that in New Orleans they give muggers very oppurtune hiding places to jump tourists but they are very lovely

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

I spent a summer in New Orleans and environs back in 1999. Visited some graveyards, although I was told to stay out of the graveyards at night since they're built like little cities (all above-ground, there are no underground graves) people like to lurk in there and you could get mugged or beaten up.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

thanks everebody all keep all that in mind

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

Thanx to everyone from me too... I have been wanting to do a cemetary shoot in New Orleans for a while now and now I am thinking twice...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

actually it safe if you bring people with you and do it in the middle of the day it wouldnt hurt if you had a gun either

+ Reply to Thread