+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Donating organs.

Mother Superior

Default Donating organs.

Does anyone have an interest in donating any of their vitals, if you were killed and they can be given to another?

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Default Re: Donating organs.

if they can be bothered scraping the layers of THC off mine, they can have them.

yep. im a donor....although im sure my lungs are shot

I would prefer to have my organs be put to use rather than rot. I'm fairly healthy too.

Angel Slayer's Avatar guardian garroter

i have to make this choice pretty soon. i really want to be a donor, but i'm overly paranoid some shady doctor might scrimp on the healthcare to get some loot for my guts. i would really want them to go to someone who needs them though. IF i died without any assistance.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i'm a donor too.... i figure since i won't be needing my organs anymore, they may as well go to someone who can use em

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I'm a donor. But god help the poor little girl who gets my liver...

I'm a donor as well. Why not? If they can help somebody when I'm dead that would be great. I want to be burned up when I die so I won't need them anyways.

Mother Superior

I was wondering if anyone was aware that they consider heads as organ donor material; some of the bodies donated will be used by plastic surgeons to practice on as well. The head's are severed from bodies and placed on tables in classes where they will practice on you the newest plastic surgery techniques as well as improving on the old ones. To be honest, I never had thought organ donors would be used for plastic surgery practice. I was under the impression it was internal organs. My source is a book called Stiff by Mary Roach , it's excellent.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/039...lance&n=283155

Yeah, that's fucking creepy! I hadn't thought of being used like that. Although, isn't there a difference between donating organs than donating your whole body? If there isn't there should be.

It's unsettling to think about my body like it's a piece of beef once I die. I'm just a chunk of hamburger.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ewwwwww i dont want my head donated...
    but the rest of my organs would be fine... if i could help someone live after i die.. awesome

spacegirl's Avatar Junior Member

I think you can specify what you want to donate. You have to sign some legal contract or something and say, for example, "Take everything but
    my eyes". I believe that's what my teacher said, though I'm not sure because
    I was probably falling asleep in class that day...unfortunately. I know a lot of people are weird about having their eyes donated. They're the windows of
    the soul and what not. But yeah, I'm a donor. I would prefer just to donate my internal organs, not my head. Currently, the thought of someone walking around with my face after I'm dead freaks me out. Then again, I won't be alive to care. So if someone was in a horrible fire and got their face burned badly, then wanted plastic surgery, it's more understandable. I really don't want to provide nourishment for maggots.

do they have to be mine?

I am an organ donor at stated on my license. I would perfer my organs be put into some one living because then a part of me still lives and helps someone else to live. If I am very old when I go, which is my plan unless I never died which is my goal. If I am too old when the time comes and my organs are useless to the living. I can deal with them being used for medical schools. Students have to learn on something. I went to hair school and had maniquins with real human hair to practice on.

As someone said its better your organs are put to good use to help someone live than to provide nourishment to maggots. I use to work for a cementary as a sales generator and know all the possible arrangements that can be made. After my organs are taken for use after my departure, I think I will go for cremation. I already have my gravestone on my someday memorai site. It has 3 mushrooms on it. I thought it would be cool to pick out and view my stone, because after death you can't see it. So I picked one out and my parents brought it for me. When working for the cementary I help sell plots and arrangement to almost all my relatives. Maggots got a higher calling than eating my body parts. I had cats with cancer and maggots would really clean up their external cancer very well. I have a bird that died in my house and it is naturally wonderfully preserved, because I guess the maggots cleaned it up real well internally. Maggots do have a good purpose. I know I can't stand the sight of them.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ugh... maggots... are very disgusting... but think of what would happen if they didnt exist? damn that would be even worse. ive seen them used on TV helping people that have got really bad open wounds that they cant (or dont want to for cosmetic reasons) do massive surgery on to remove dead tissue... they breed maggots in a sterile environtment and put them on a bandage over the wound... gross i know, but theyll eat all the bad stuff, wont touch the good stuff, and then theyll just crawl back out again.

I know I can't stand the sight of maggots, but its true what you say of what you seen on TV, they only eat the bad open wounds as in cancer and they don't touch the good stuff. This is true.

Mother Superior

Let's not forget the leeches who eat off of wounds to help with fresh blood flow!

+ Reply to Thread