+ Reply to Thread

Thread: are you gonna watch it

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default are you gonna watch it

Dunst castigated for Marie Antoinette portrayal
    Kirsten Dunst has been criticised by historians for her "frightful" portrayal of doomed French queen Marie Antoinette. Sofia Coppola's new biopic of the queen was booed by critics at this year's Cannes Film Festival. And now, Dunst's performance has been attacked by the Marie Antoinette Association.
    "I've seen the trailer for the film on the internet. It is a fright. We've spent years trying to convince people that the queen was not just a libertine who told the starving to eat cake. What do you see on the trailer? You see Marie Antoinette eating cake. You see her lying naked on a chaise longue. I fear the film is going to set us back many years," association president Michele Lorin said.
    However, Dunst has retorted by saying that the movie should not be taken too seriously. "It's kind of like a history of feelings rather than a history of facts. So don't expect a masterpiece theatre, educational Marie Antoinette biopic," she said.

I still totally want to see it...I love Sofia Coppolas stuff...and im also a fan of kirsten dunst

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: are you gonna watch it

It's what everyone expected it to be (vacuous) so the uproar doesn't seem warranted. You can't expect depth and complexity from an Xmas corset-fest, though it's the first movie you'll get to see Steve Coogan and Marianne Faithful together (alas, without any confectionary). It's not Les Liasons Dangereuse, it's Cruel Intentions.. actually it's beyond that. The poster kinda gives it away.

mG

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

coming soon to DVD, at the library

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

i think the real questions is.. Who gives a fuck?

+ Reply to Thread