+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Global Warming

Default Global Warming

I might not be the smartest person on the planet. I mean after all there really ARE rocket scientists out there and even some that don’t wear diapers and drive 400 miles to bitch slap another woman who was all hot and bothered about some man. And speaking of being hot and bothered why are so many people so easily persuaded about the causes of the global warming theories? (Nice transition, eh?)

Let’s call a spade a spade. The ‘meteorologists’ we are treated to on the local news can’t even predict what is going to happen 2 days from now accurately so WHY, O dear God, WHY do ‘the collective ‘We’’ think that ‘We’ know what is going to happen 50 years from now?!?

I am convinced all these people do is logon to NOAA or the weather channel and regurgitate what some MIT grad has written in the first place. Which by the way if you ever read their notes they use multiple models which don’t always agree? Let me repeat that for those of you in P.G. and Montgomery Counties. Even the daily models that people, with more letters after their names then the predicted high for that day, develop and use DON’T ALWAYS AGREE. So I ask again. How can ‘We’ think ‘We’ know what is going to happen climatologically 50+ years from now?

We know the earth warms and cools. Last time I checked that was grass that was not growing in my back yard and not ice. Were we not headed for new ice age back in the 1970s? Just 30 years later the earth is going to warm so much Kevin Costner is going to have make a bad movie about a world underwater and growing gills or something? Oh yeah, been there done that. Two hours of my life I’ll never get back. Jerk!

Anyway I really think that fear mongering that the likes of Al Gore and his minions are preaching is horrendous and well, just plain stinky. To rationalize it, and just note that underlying principle and reason are foreign concepts to liberal global warming alarmists much like opposable thumbs are the world of horses, let’s try an experiment. We’ll use the 7th grades of Baltimore City Public Schools, because you have to be at least 18 to participate. Take a 40oz. bottle and fill it with ice. Let the ice melt. Now measure the level of water in the 40oz. I’ll just get to the point. Water expands when it freezes so the water level will fall to the level just as if you poured out some for your ‘homies.’ So I would like to think that if all the polar ice caps melted, which I hope ‘We’ would never believe could happen, then the levels of the world’s oceans couldn’t possible rise to levels that would be catastrophic to human civilization. That is just one example and a brief diatribe nonetheless. But I digress.

But really people would it be so bad if it got warmer? We chase warm weather! Hello, McFly! We spend thousands of dollars, the government has not been able to take yet, to get on ships and airplanes to go where, SOUTH! That’s right, towards the equator where the sun’s rays hit the earth more directly so hence it is warmer there. And every year we panic at the mention of snow! There is a team of people from each television station strategically positioned around the metro area to report on the impending 2 inches of snow!! Get over it people. Global warming means no more snow. It means that old people can stay in New England and the Midwest and not have to move to Arizona or Florida! The benefits definitely out weight the effects. No more octogenarians with Massachusetts tags driving 55ph in the left lane of the 65mph zone with their turn signal on forcing you to know they are world’s greatest pop-pop, or at least that is what he license plate frame wants us to believe, on their way to their double-wides in Ft Myers.

I am getting tired now. This rant could go on for days, weeks, or even years but who could predict how the rant would end? Maybe Al Gore but he is way to busy telling us how to live to worry about this kind of stuff.

So here is the 411 people. No one REALLY knows what is causing the earth to warm and cool. There are theories based in science (Solar radiation, etc.) and some based on other’s perception of what public policy should be (fossil fuel burning, etc.) but the bottom line is this, we do not and cannot control it. So sit back, plant a palm tree, and buy a carbon credit if you need to fell better about being a bad human being and hope that when the seas rise you have beach front property.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Global Warming

all it takes is one volcano to show us what real pollution is

EasyRider's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Global Warming

Global warming is REAL. We are, right now, 1deg C warmer than we were 100 years ago.

Anthropogenic Global Warming Theory (e.g. pay Al Gore money or we're all going to die) is bullshit. It was shoddy science to begin with.

+ Reply to Thread