+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I ache all over

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default I ache all over

Being sick in the summertime really sucks. Somehow, if it is really cold out, bundling up in a blankie and drinking cocoa and chicken soup doesn't seem as awful. I took Benedryl and my eyeballs are still too swollen for their sockets and my face feels all painful to the touch and my throat is sore and bleah, bleah, bleah. I think I have PMS too. I feel wretched, wretched, wretched, and I have so much work to do and was hoping to go out a couple nights this week to hang with people I don't get to see that often.

and your little dog too

Default Re: I ache all over

there is a really awful cold going around. get well soon.

Dedicated work tends to suck sometimes.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I'd go out anyways.

First you get the inner smugness from passing it on to random strangers in the street, and second if they don't see you that often they won't realize how unusually terrible you look. Next time you see them you can blame your sudden attractiveness on $250,000 of surgery.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

AHHH UGH i always get the worst summer colds too... *huggs* no more sick for you. its not allowed.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Being sick in the summertime really sucks. Somehow, if it is really cold out, bundling up in a blankie and drinking cocoa and chicken soup doesn't seem as awful. I took Benedryl and my eyeballs are still too swollen for their sockets and my face feels all painful to the touch and my throat is sore and bleah, bleah, bleah. I think I have PMS too. I feel wretched, wretched, wretched, and I have so much work to do and was hoping to go out a couple nights this week to hang with people I don't get to see that often.
    I've had slight hay fever due to my recent change in geography. I am lucky in the sense that I had allergy shots as a kid and will adapt quickly. I have had similar pain in my eyes. My recommendation would be to buy a pair of colored glasses which specifically reduce the glare of a PC screen and can double as sunglasses. I would avoid any use of alcohol or prolonged "hanging out". I would also consider advil. It will relieve the eye pain (but nothing else)

Jackie T

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

lots of water and vitamin C... or in your case, perrier... get well soon.

Feel better and do not push yourself while you are sick. You take care of a lot. It is okay to take some time for taking care of yourself.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

get someone to go to chinatown and get some golden seal for you, the real powdered stuff(if its real expensive then thats the good stuff) you dont need much either, less than a gram will do

take a little bit of the powder and mix it in a couple ounces of water and drink it, if it tastes extremely terrible then it's the good stuff

you should feel alright by morning

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

im sorry

being sick sucks, but at least you know that youll eventually get better and its nothing too serious

Nos's Avatar Senior Member

It seems the flue always finds me in the summer too. - I've been sick for the past month.

I just shut off the air in the 100 + weather, wear long pants and sweat it out !

VERY sexy

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Wow. Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Today, I finally feel well enough to feel merely sucky. I think I'll finally be up to a normal workday tomorrow. I looked at the date on my cell phone yesterday and I thought I'd set it wrong because I couldn't believe how much time I lost. I seem to have gotten through with no antibiotics (unless you count acidopholous) and I'm really pleased about that. Lost my voice for a while and I had no idea it was humanly possible to produce so much phlegm out of one small body though. Bleah.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Wow. Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Today, I finally feel well enough to feel merely sucky. I think I'll finally be up to a normal workday tomorrow. I looked at the date on my cell phone yesterday and I thought I'd set it wrong because I couldn't believe how much time I lost. I seem to have gotten through with no antibiotics (unless you count acidopholous) and I'm really pleased about that. Lost my voice for a while and I had no idea it was humanly possible to produce so much phlegm out of one small body though. Bleah.
    I think I had this same cold about a week or so ago...still getting over the feeling of being drained/weak from it.

Feel better soon.

c4wolf's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    I'd go out anyways.

First you get the inner smugness from passing it on to random strangers in the street, and second if they don't see you that often they won't realize how unusually terrible you look. Next time you see them you can blame your sudden attractiveness on $250,000 of surgery.
    wow
    sheas mean ( i think iama in lovs)

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

ewwwww phlegm... hehe arent colds disgusting?

When I first read the title, I was like, uh oh, sounds life fibromyalgia. The hurtin' all over.... but then I saw that you had a cold/flu and that really sucks too!!!! BUT compounded with PMS!
    I'm glad to see you didnt take any antibiotics. I avoid 'em like poison.
    I read this a long time ago... but it works. Poppy seeds boost your immune system and really help getting over a cold. I cook em in mashed potatoes, oatmeal, or soup. I dont know how, but they really work. A spoonful or two a day really works when the symptoms start showing.

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    When I first read the title, I was like, uh oh, sounds life fibromyalgia. The hurtin' all over.... but then I saw that you had a cold/flu and that really sucks too!!!! BUT compounded with PMS!
    I'm glad to see you didnt take any antibiotics. I avoid 'em like poison.
    I read this a long time ago... but it works. Poppy seeds boost your immune system and really help getting over a cold. I cook em in mashed potatoes, oatmeal, or soup. I dont know how, but they really work. A spoonful or two a day really works when the symptoms start showing.
    Must be the narcotics.

+ Reply to Thread