+ Reply to Thread

Thread: makers of volkswagon are pussies

and your little dog too

Default makers of volkswagon are pussies

from regret the error

German magazine ordered to run correction after writing executive has "garish" taste in ties, doesn't know how many children he has fathered.

The headline pretty much sums it up. A German court has ordered a German business magazine to run a correction after it reported that Ferdinand Piech, the chairman of Europe's biggest car maker, Volkswagen AG, has a penchant for "garish ties with hunting motifs" and not a clue as to how many children he has fathered. Piech strongly disagrees. An Agence France Presse story in French and English went over the wire yesterday (we can't find a link):

A German court has ordered a business magazine here to print a correction to an article that described VW supervisory board chief Ferdinand Piech's taste in ties as garish and questioned whether he knew how many children he had.
    The regional court in Duesseldorf ordered the weekly WirtschaftsWoche to print a correction to an article that claimed Piech wore "garish ties with hunting motifs" and did not know the exact number of his children from various marriages, a court spokesman said.
    The magazine, owned by the Handelsblatt group, had published a picture of Piech wearing a tie with a picture of a man with a gun and an elephant.
    It quoted Piech as saying in an interview that he had sired "about a dozen children. The exact number is not known".
    The court accepted Piech's argument that his comment had been meant ironically and that the motif on his tie was not a hunting motif.
    The magazine said it would appeal the ruling.

The French version of the article contained a few more details. We flexed our French muscles to discover that the offending article appeared in the October 13 issue of the magazine. Also, the court decreed that Piech would have a "right of reply" of 11 lines in the magazine, which seems a bit different from a correction. But perhaps that means he gets to approve the content of the correction. We'd love to hear from any German speakers out there who know more details.

Default Re: makers of volkswagon are pussies

no wonder why volkswagons are the strerotypical moms car.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

pussies, right. Hitler gets Ferdinand Porsche to design a "people's car", then forces Jewish slave labour to build the damn things. christ alone knows what you see when you look up "pussies" in the encyclopedia.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    no wonder why volkswagons are the strerotypical moms car.
    I drive a VW station wagon, and I love it, stinky.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    pussies, right. Hitler gets Ferdinand Porsche to design a "people's car", then forces Jewish slave labour to build the damn things. christ alone knows what you see when you look up "pussies" in the encyclopedia.

Is that the actual history of VW? I've heard the every garage thing, but didn't realize that was a horrifyingly kept campaign promise.

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    I drive a VW station wagon, and I love it, stinky.
    you must be hot

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    you must be hot
    He is, despite his ride.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I don't think saying someone has an ugly tie counts as slander. well maybe toward the tie company, but not the guy whos wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Is that the actual history of VW? I've heard the every garage thing, but didn't realize that was a horrifyingly kept campaign promise.
    Yes it is... Funny isn't it.

Aerynna's Avatar Junior Member

Aren't german cars hot?

yup

Vega's Avatar Junior Member

I still love my beetle!!

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG

it's a little more elaborate than that, but those two gamey little nuggets of information are accurate. *sigh* i miss my 64 beetle. she had character. also, i did it with my ex on the back seat; fond memories.

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    from regret the error(we can't find a link)
    That's where I stopped reading. No link, no plausability. No need to argue.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Well, I just got a VW jetta (something I have always wanted) and upgraded (sorta) from a Nissan Xterror. I love the car. It runs great, gets EXCELLENT gas mileage..and it keeps my ass warm because of the heated seats (can't beat THAT..warm asses are GOOD! ). So if you have anymore info on the origins..let meknow. That is purely despicable...

But I still love my car until I hear something else horrid beside the guy wearing ugly ties and being a playboy.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

There is a history of Volkswagen found here.

An interesting thing I didn't know was that the British troops that took over the factory actually named the company Volkwagen.

+ Reply to Thread