+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Introductioningness

Default Introductioningness

Greetings! I'm Russell. I found this site through LJ, someone linked to it and well... here I am.

I run my own community, which is my small attempt to create a decent place on the internet which is troll free. I used to hang out on the "goth" board on bolt, but that got old with all the troll-ish new users. Which is what made me create my community, and since then a lot of people have hopped over from there.

I'm a geek. I do website usability analysis, Electronics repair, Coputer repair, Web hosting, Computer networking (working on my CCNA right now) phone systems... the list is too long. I'm a geek, it's that simple.

I Love music. Good music. EBM, Industrial, Darkwave, Post punk, Punk, Ambient, Indie, Accoustic, Metal, Rock... I have a lot of music. You could look through my collection and I promise there will be at least one song you'll like. But then again with 5600 songs, I suppose the odd's lean in favor of that anyway, no matter how diverse my collection.

I love animals. I watch movies, sometimes bad ones.

Otherwise, I'm a nice guy at heart. I make mistakes a lot, and cross people the wrong way. But I never mean anyone harm.

That should cover it for an introduction.

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Default Re: Introductioningness

Heya! Welcome to Blue Blood! Hope you enjoy your stay. You're on lj too?? Cool. Check out my profile and click on my website, it'll take you straight to my live journal. Add me to your friends if you like!

-x-

I'm not on LJ, sadly. well not sadly, actually. I figure if you can run your own blog, you should. and so, i do!

But I shall take a gander at your LJ anyway. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome, fellow geek. ^_^ I tend to work in electronics, as well (though I build them, not fix them.) I could troubleshoot, but get down to the soddering and replacing chips, and you'll lose me. I play games more than I should.

ladybug's Avatar Senior Member

welcome to u...enjoy your stay.....

Cheinara, that's neat! but how do you build the without soldering or anything? are you a designer? I'm quite curious as to what you do.

I build computers. I do some programming, I do web design (who doesn't?), and graphic design. I also like the beach and the ocean, as well as chocolate, ninjas, and my husband. And lots and lots of computer/console games and books. :[

Oh, well that would make sense. I've built many computers... there's nothing to it. But even so, I'm used to girls who cry when trying to turn a computer on. So the fact that your a computer building babe, puts you up in my book. All the neat ones are always married

I do web design, but not so much. I'm great at usability analysis, but as far as making something really great, i'm still working on it, and it's slowly evolving. my skill, that is.

Yeah, nothing to building computers, but it's what you put in them that makes it matter the most. ;D Right now I like to call mine my mainframe. She's a beast. She can handle two running Everquests without hiccuping, and that's at a "balanced" graphics/performance setting.

Web design isn't hard, it's the inspiration part that's the hardest. The rest will fall into place after that.

Well I'm cheap. I have a bunch of p2's laying around that I make into file servers, firewalls, print servers, VPN gateways, and the like.

I'm not one for building a super duper hardcore computer, since I run linux on any PC i get anyway, and most of what i do is on my mac.

So I don't do super high graphics or super fast speeds or anything, since i don't really need it. My PBX system (which handles all my phone calls) could take on 40 conversations at once EASILY. and he's only a 1.2 GHZ AMD with 500 some MB of ram. (though he can only handle 1 phone call, due to crappy internet connnection)

I still think it's neat, though. that you build them. I need to figure out a solution for H/C in my server room. it get's rather warm in there, and in the winter will be quite cold too. Maybe I should overclock everything in the winter just so they stay warm :-p

I'm really creative. Like... really creative. But I can't express it because I have terrible hands. Music doesn't work, painting doesn't work... it's no fun. but web design at least let's me play a little.

Perhaps you should try graphic design? Hell, I paint in Photoshop, and it turns out okay.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Ahoy there fox welcome aboard and enjoy your stay , i see youve fallen into cheinara's seductive trap you sir are now doomed for all eternity

Hello!
    Im new here too!
    Hope you have fun!

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Welcome and enjoy..................geek

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    Ahoy there fox welcome aboard and enjoy your stay , i see youve fallen into cheinara's seductive trap you sir are now doomed for all eternity
    I see mine enemy has caught up to me.
    Away!

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I play games more than I should.
    LIES! That Would Be Impossible !

Welcome!

Pull A Rock, Sit By The Fire, And Kick A Gobbo!

+ Reply to Thread