+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who doesn't belong here...

Default Who doesn't belong here...

...except me?

I don't consider my self gothic, nor do I listen to any punk, deathrock at all, and I most definitely don't belong here for various reasons.

Anyone else?

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Default Re: Who doesn't belong here...

me, im a lame mommy..maybe even a hippie

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I just like tits.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I don't think that i belong on the planet of earth. Oh you meant here ... Well that is a completely different story.. I believe that is subject to ones own personal evaluation of belonging.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    me, im a lame mommy..maybe even a hippie
    That doesn't matter. I'm part hippie. Peace

hippies ftw!

I have yet to find a place where I do belong

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

only thing i can think of is that i kinda have a thing for bluegrass but i make myself fit in wherever im at

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I've always seen Blue Blood as exactly for the sorts of individualistic people who may move through many subcultures, find what to like in many, but never quite belong to any specific one.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I'm just here for the free cheese. I didn't know there was some kind of "requirement" in order to belong here.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

I'm here for the beer

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I think that majority of us don't look like blue blood models, if that's what you are getting at.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

>_>

I do! *poses*

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

you look like if kirby and cthulu had a baby.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

i don't think anyone belongs here.
    i know i don't belong anywhere.
    i just wind up in certain places.

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by soma_stardust

i don't think anyone belongs here.
    i know i don't belong anywhere.
    i just wind up in certain places.
    ya. that.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I think that majority of us don't look like blue blood models, if that's what you are getting at.

Different people bring different things to the table in any creative project or really in existing in the world. Teh intarwebs seem very caught up with the notion of altmodeling, whatever the fuck people define that as. Back in 1992, it might have been radical to highlight the personalities, hobbies, and accomplishments of the folks who modeled for the magazine. Certainly it was radical to do that with counterculture freaks. But I think some people have lost the thread online. Being a hottie is cool. Being a naked hottie is generous. But there are a lot of important qualities a person can have beyond -- when well-lit, well-styled, well-composed, well-made-up, well-photographed, and well-post-processed -- looking good naked.

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

I don't belong here. I'm slag. ^^;

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

I hope I don't "belong" anywhere. As Groucho said, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

I'm here because I consider many of you as friends, and conversations happen based on what we think, not who we are. That's equally true if either of us happens to be wearing a suit or a flaming goatskin codpiece at the time.

That's it Mindgames, I'm sick of you, and... your... your... mind games...

You don't belong here!

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

<- happy now!

(walks out so he can walk back in and look uninvolved)

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I belong in greenland.

I don’t belong in the human race “And I've got no right to take my place / With the Human race”. Seriously maybe I can mention that I’m tattooed, pierced and scared but I’m a nerd and the only subculture I have tried to be a part of is Indie.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Quote Originally Posted by Lukianos
    I’m tattooed, pierced and scared.
    Don't be scared little one Although I do find people who quote The Smiths strangely disconcerting...

babyswitchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

I'm a bit of everything, depending on my mood really... I can be goth, punk, preppy, girly, hippie.... I am interested in gothic culture and the photo sets that come from these sites though, so I don't think that I don't belong here...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    I hope I don't "belong" anywhere. As Groucho said, I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

I'm here because I consider many of you as friends, and conversations happen based on what we think, not who we are. That's equally true if either of us happens to be wearing a suit or a flaming goatskin codpiece at the time.

I need to figure out where my flaming goatskin codpiece is now.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Trying to find a wearing a suit with a flaming goatskin codpiece pattern on it..

Would go well with my plaid Zoot Suit, and my leopard print Tuxedo.. One day I will own both of those..

Why.. because I can!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    <- happy now!

(walks out so he can walk back in and look uninvolved)
    What about that free video about Epigenetics? Did you see it? Not the one from the Pirate Bay but from the google video. It turned out that our lifetime experience and thoughts do affect mutation in our dna. Creepy. Now I wonder if I gona end up with son with 2 cocks after all.

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

i'm the annoying one.

every online COMMUNITY has one, though lately i'm being outdone

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Since everyone seems to be trying so hard to do the non-conformist thing in this thread, I'll be the real rebel:

Yeah, I belong here. But none of you do. Fuck off. I'm so goth I shit spiderwebs! This is my site!

Thanks, that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    What, you don't? Then what have I been talking to you guys for?

Hehe. I suppose I fit in fairly well, as posters not actually affiliated with the site go. There's lots of goth, punk and deathrock in my style, appearance, tastes and mindset and I spend much of my time in creative efforts in the same context.

I, too, identify as influenced by hippie culture though. Where I live there's a lot of overlap between the cyber (or 'cybergoth', which most of the time it really shouldn't be called) club scene/crowd and the more colorful, neon-wool-dreaded younger generation of goa-hippies, so it's really not that much of a stretch.

lovesluka's Avatar Devilishly Charmed

Isn't the point of all this to be able to be yourself even when you don't fit in?

I am sure as hell not the someone you would classify as a model for Blue Blood. I am everything you could imagine all wrap into one. I change from day to day, depending on how I feel in that moment. Doctors call it multipy personality disorder... I call it "being me!"

Heres to what you feel comfotable doing and fuck everyone else!

Ok many of us don’t belong here, and if we don’t fit in we probably don’t date women like the women on this site. Maybe we sit in front of our computers “I can never get a girl like that”. Depressing, that must be why it’s called suicidegi … or maybe I shouldn’t mention a rival of this site.

Did you notice that various clothes you wear changes your persona. In some you feel comfy and secure while in others tight and insecure.

If you dress "nice" do you become nicer as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukianos
    Ok many of us don’t belong here, and if we don’t fit in we probably don’t date women like the women on this site. Maybe we sit in front of our computers “I can never get a girl like that”. Depressing, that must be why it’s called suicidegi … or maybe I shouldn’t mention a rival of this site.
    Hey! Now I found a link, I date women like that.

I belong!

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Did you notice that various clothes you wear changes your persona. In some you feel comfy and secure while in others tight and insecure.

If you dress "nice" do you become nicer as well?
    That is very true! It all boils down to the infamous saying "to be happy with others, you must first be happy with yourself"! The days you are comfy in your clothes your attitude will be comfy, and if you are insecure about you outfit...you will be insecure in attitude as well. That would be why I try not to wear stuff that makes me unconfortable...although sometimes you have to wear that one pair of shoes that...nevermind I am good at that whole tangent thing...hehehe

sweet

Quote Originally Posted by lovesluka
    That is very true! It all boils down to the infamous saying "to be happy with others, you must first be happy with yourself"! The days you are comfy in your clothes your attitude will be comfy, and if you are insecure about you outfit...you will be insecure in attitude as well. That would be why I try not to wear stuff that makes me unconfortable...although sometimes you have to wear that one pair of shoes that...nevermind I am good at that whole tangent thing...hehehe
    This and what OliX said is true, but it goes beyond an arbitrary measure of happiness/security or its absence.

I find that my personality adapts to what I wear in all ways. If I wear glammy stuff; pink and purple with glitter, feathers and hearts, etc, my manner becomes noticably more cheery, flirty and effeminate. When I wear my scrapheap improvised industrial-punk stuff with spikes, barbed wire and chains everywhere, I bear myself in a more masculine manner, dominant and impervious to what goes on around me. This has gone for every distinct style I've worn, insofar as I imagine a specific role or personality going with it; and for the most part, it's entirely sincere and spontaneous.

Just goes to show how mutable the human mind is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    This and what OliX said is true, but it goes beyond an arbitrary measure of happiness/security or its absence.

I find that my personality adapts to what I wear in all ways. If I wear glammy stuff; pink and purple with glitter, feathers and hearts, etc, my manner becomes noticably more cheery, flirty and effeminate. When I wear my scrapheap improvised industrial-punk stuff with spikes, barbed wire and chains everywhere, I bear myself in a more masculine manner, dominant and impervious to what goes on around me. This has gone for every distinct style I've worn, insofar as I imagine a specific role or personality going with it; and for the most part, it's entirely sincere and spontaneous.

Just goes to show how mutable the human mind is.
    Agreed!

The bad part about this is it is sometimes mistaken for a person being "fake". I have many times be accused of following the pack based on what I was wearing and how I was acting. I can understand where that would come from,but unless the person calling you out has walked in you shoes...they will never understand. I guess that goes with the way society has to put a label on EVERYTHING, but that is a whole other can of worms...hehehe I wish it could just be "you are who you are, and I am who I am...so deal with it!"

Ubiquitress's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovesluka
    Agreed!

The bad part about this is it is sometimes mistaken for a person being "fake". I have many times be accused of following the pack based on what I was wearing and how I was acting. I can understand where that would come from,but unless the person calling you out has walked in you shoes...they will never understand. I guess that goes with the way society has to put a label on EVERYTHING, but that is a whole other can of worms...hehehe I wish it could just be "you are who you are, and I am who I am...so deal with it!"
    why do you think people hav eworn ceremonial costume ans masks for eons? fake is the last thing I would call for donning your threads and being transformed by them, ancient perhaps ,but not fake my dear. strut on with your bad self,they are probably wearing a costume too. Donkey and I often wish it was as simple as the old popeye adage"i yam what i yam",wouldnt things be so much more interesting if it was...ah well someday

+ Reply to Thread