+ Reply to Thread

Thread: miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the time".

Sara X's Avatar lizard breath

Default miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the time".

okay, so, PARTICIPATING IN THIS STUPID CONTEST may be one of the biggest mistakes i've made in a while. some guys came into my work, the manager on duty was flipping out about "the miss ozzfest bus" being there and had visions of free publicity in her head. after a little pleading on her part, i go over to sign up. i sign a contract telling me that among other things, if i win i have to be present and if i die i can't hold them responsible (thinking the whole time that this is just shits and giggles), a drunk man uses a really nice digital SLR to take a couple of pictures of me, the other girls are getting completely retarded. i just want to get it over with and get onstage. the next day i have a rather uneasy feeling about having done it, but don't really think much of it. a few days later i went online & found the website, which appeared to be really poorly run. i get a little testy about people repeatedly talking shit about strippers, which was stupid of me. i've been told over and over since i was a wee lass, "just ignore them you're only encouraging them". ah well.

a month or so later, my picture goes up. let me tell you... these fuckers are crazy. i am getting hate mail on my "mylocalbands" profile (which i made specifically to be able to comment on my "coworkers" when their pics went up which most of them never did), people are telling other people not to vote for me (i'm ok with this but wtf?) girls whose pictures didn't get posted are talking about lawsuits, jesus christ.

so i thought i would direct you guys towards this for your personal entertainment, if you hadn't seen it already. go read the forums, look at all the girls, read the crazy comments. it's that good

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the time".

Rule number one about the bus:

never get on the bus until you know where it's going.

The 'drunk guy' would've been Eddie, and he only ever exaggerates when his mouth is open. Ozzfest is fine as a gig, but the whole online thing is just hell in a handcart, with factions running their own little bits, and very little sense from the top. You found one of the more... substance-influenced... parts of the promo, but don't take it seriously.. nobody else does.

mG

Default Re: miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the tim

I am sorry Sarah, I used to think you were the hardest of core and punkest of rock, but the man with the iguana says you have no respect for the Ozzgod. I mean Ozzy is all about respect and dignit, and until you understand that internet beauty contests for rock concerts are not just fun and games, we are going to have to take away your metal card.

Thank you for posting this, I needed a good giggle. But more importantly I learned some important things.

Although schoolgirls are metal as hell, cheerleaders are prohibited from metal events.

Metal heads, who are known for thier respect of women, are perfectly justified in trashing girls for trying to dress sexy to wis a beauty contest, even if they go to the next page and trash the next girl for not dressing sexy.

The line between crack whore thin and fat chick is very very small, and moves a lot.

Metal is not allowed to progress past the 80s, ever.

If we wanted to know who the producers wanted to win, we could probably guess just by who they bothered to take good pictures of.

Never question the man with the iguana, you don't get any more metal than that.

I could have entered miss ozzfest, despite my penis.

Tatts amake you metal.

Titts make you metal.

Metal has a uniform now.

It is ok to post "Your the only one so far who looks the part of Miss Ozzfest." for a few dozen girls.

Despite Ozzy being 140 years old, miss ozzfest must be no more than 20, the ozzites have spoken.

Marylin manson fans do not belong at ozzfest... no matter how many years he played it?

And most importantly, the internet makes you stupid.

And my favorite quote, "She's pretty but like another person said is this just a look or does she really know who Ozzy is?"

Ozzy, the new scientology. Someone should tell him.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the time".

you signed up for something regarding ozzfest? big big big big mistake, that thing is the most poorly organised POs tour ive ever seen, and it seems to attract a whole lot of retards. I have a freund whos band was offered a gig on that show and they accepted untill they read the contract and realised how shitty it was. But if you really wanna know my thoughts on ozzfest dig up the thread i maid about what happened to Iron Maiden on that tour last year.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

*sigh* I'm sorry honey. Sometimes people let the "legacy" of the machine they work for pump up thier own egos so big they think that the name is currency enough to make them stars even though no one has ever heard of them, will ever remember them, or really likes them. I mean hey, they work for boozefest, you have to give them the star treatment. Lot of sell outs if you ask me. Metal has thrown it lot in (for the most part) with the mainstream EMO and Indy kids, the "we really want to rebel and be unique by looking/acting/listening to the same music as every one else in the Vouge magazine". You know what I'd do about it? Fuck 'em. Not litterally for I'm sure that would be less than pleasurable, but really why care what a bunch of homeless internet trolls have to say about you? If you ever met any of these "keyboard warriors" in person they'd prolly piss themselves at the the thought of talking to a real live flesh and blood hottie like your self.

K

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Im sorry you felt pressured into it. Im glad you dont really consider it a 'loss', dont let those fools get to you. Who cares what 10 people in the population think about you, and negatively at that. You have many more supporters;]

Just consider the source.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

jesus... the comments people have left... do these people have a life even? haha... pathetic.
    that whole contest sounds kindof lame to me honestly... like... ozzfest has some cool bands in it every year, but nobody i would travel to the US to see...

couple of times though, i could have been heard complaining that ozzfest doesnt come up to canada... but not much anymore hahaa... i would really rather just go downtown to a local bar and see one of my favorite local bands, like art of dying... fuck i love those guys <3 hehe...

itd be funny though if someone told ozzy what was going on...
    then again itd be even better if someone could understand what ozzy was saying... i love the guy but... WHAT?!

well that's just horseshit m'dear.

for one thing i didn't even get the pleasure of seeing another pictureof your stunning self... the only thing that would load was all those asinine comments about you.

ozzy rulz, and all that (black sabbath's symptom of the universe, and supernaught really are like my national anthems) but fuck them fuckers up a nostril.

a better class of persons think you're a cutie (us.)

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    You know what I'd do about it? Fuck 'em. Not litterally for I'm sure that would be less than pleasurable, but really why care what a bunch of homeless internet trolls have to say about you? If you ever met any of these "keyboard warriors" in person they'd prolly piss themselves at the the thought of talking to a real live flesh and blood hottie like your self.

K

Soo true!!!!

I guess this is what you get when you let a bunch of people who have a combined I.Q of 85 access the internet. I think they're just jealous that they could never get someone beautiful like yourself, and so they must justify their meager existence by saying something derogatory to those superior to them.

some peeps just dont have or know what the fuck good taste r the meaning of the fuckin word is , dont listen too their dribble jealouse ass'es..

You look great! Those dousche bags can go straight to hell. I would have voted for you.

Mother Superior

Default Re: miss ozzfest: see also, "things that didn't sound like such a bad idea at the tim

Sara X,
    You look beautiful... those people are just jealous. People just love to talk shit. There are so many who just want to label a person and don't know the first thing about what kind of human being they are. These are people I would love to eliminate off of this fucking planet.

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

Geez, some people can be so low. Sorry all the shit happened, but if it's any consolation, anyone with half a properly functioning brain cell would have voted for you, no questions asked. xx

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_Switchblade
    Geez, some people can be so low. Sorry all the shit happened, but if it's any consolation, anyone with half a properly functioning brain cell would have voted for you, no questions asked. xx
    Yes but most people don't even have a quater of a brain to take a shit with much less think. Lass brush em off your shoulder becuase that is a far as those ass holes will get to you.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Bedlamite

God...I forget sometimes how awful people are. Good thing I didn't try for that. I'd have NO selfesteem left!

And will SOMEONE tell that trashy retard who commented "Tanning Booth" That there are some people who prefer to go through life as something other than a leather bag?

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    I commend anyone who puts themselves out there and tries. It's all about having a good time not necessarily winning.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    I commend anyone who puts themselves out there and tries. It's all about having a good time not necessarily winning.
    Hey, she looks like she's having fun! I certainly won't be winning any contests like this.

+ Reply to Thread