+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screaming Children

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Screaming Children

Children should be taught that it's only permissible to scream like your being beaten to death or stabbed when you're being beaten to death or stabbed. Not just 'cause they feel like it. Agreed?
    K

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Screaming Children

agreed they should issue licences to beat and stab kids so thyl realy have something to scream about harr

and your little dog too

I hate screaming children more than almost anything and I hate a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    agreed they should issue licences to beat and stab kids so thyl realy have something to scream about harr
    Hear Here!! People here who have children, make sure they know the story about crying wolf. I know that if I ever hear that little girl scream like that again I'm going to ignore it and that time she just might need my help. It should be permissible to backhand the parents of children who aren't being parents and teaching there children when it's okay to scream bloody murder and when its not.
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Don't remind me...new neighbors have an ULTRA spoiled brat of a daughter who cries and screams about everything.

Half the block wants them out already...it went from a nice quiet place to being woken up at 8am by a fucking brat day after day....

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

I was in the grocery store the other day standing at the checkout... There was this guy and his small SCREAMING TERROR, the father did nothing but make the whole situation worse by yelling at the little TERROR... The more dad yelled the more the kid screamed...

Don't get me wrong, I love kids... As long as they go home at the end of the day...LOL...

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I am a firm believer in controlling ones own children. Public temper tantrums are an obvious lack of parental guidance and discipline. The child does that to try to get his/her own way, knowing and expecting that the parent will give in (which they obviously have done in past situations), so this is not the childs fault. They only know that is how to get what they want, because they have succeeded before. There are times I am trying to sleep in the middle of the day and kids are out on the street screaming while they play. That's natural. Kids have so much extra engery that they are usually rambunctious to burn it off. At times like that, I have to grin and bare it. But when behavior is an issue, we can usually (%90 of the time) look the parents for the ones being responsible for such behavior. Children have to love, trust and fear authority figures like parents, becaus ewithout boundaries the next generation will be ghetto Paris Hiltons with 20 kids and/or criminals. Eeek! Enough babble, I'm sorry for going on.... I totally agree K

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Half the block wants them out already...it went from a nice quiet place to being woken up at 8am by a fucking brat day after day....
    Here its no just the screaming, it's the kicking the wall. I live in town homes and this super spoiled brat, Jeffery, shares a wall with me. It appears that his bed on same said wall. He practically kicks holes in the wall every morning his mom makes him get up and go to preschool. I found out today that they're moving though. yay! *lil' happy dance*
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

agreed....but at the same time sometimes kids will yell for no reason as will grown ups....either way it's annoying and rude.

It should simply be made a rule that a child who in public wants to scream at the top of his/her lungs...Should be given something to Scream about...Every grocery store and Wal-Mart should have Emergency Base ball bats and whips just for such an outbreak of screaming..

beat the bastard, beat them all

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    It should simply be made a rule that a child who in public wants to scream at the top of his/her lungs...Should be given something to Scream about...Every grocery store and Wal-Mart should have Emergency Base ball bats and whips just for such an outbreak of screaming..

I think I'm in love
    K

GasmaskGirl's Avatar Senior Member
    Ottawa Ontario, Canada (actually born in Saskatchewan Canada)

When I hear a screaming child in a store, I want to beat the fuck out of the parents. It's really not the child's fault for behaving badly if they've never been disciplined properly.

It never fails, the kid will be hollering it's lungs out, and the parents will be absent-mindedly cruising down the aisle like it ain't no thang. Of course everyone immediately is angered by the kid, but it's really the dumbass fucking mom or dad who should be slapped.

I was in a store a couple weeks ago, and these two parents were pushing their little girl around in a cart. She was about two. She said "I have to go pee" and the parents ignored her. She said again, "I have to go pee!" and still the parents ignored her, talking to themselves about bathmats or lamps or whatever they were looking at. Finally the girl hollered out "I HAVE TO GO PEE!" and the parents told her to shut up and said "TOO BAD! You'll have to wait until we get home!"... Come the fuck on people. I don't care how important that fucking lamp is, if your toddler has told you thirty times they desperately have to go pee, you bloody well take them to go pee. So of course she starts to cry, and then the dad says that if she doesn't shut up he's going to give her a knuckle sandwich, which makes her cry even more. These girls in front of me look at eachother and roll their eyes and make some sort of comment about how they "hate bratty little kids". I wanted to blow the whole fucking department store to smithereens and take that poor fucking kid to the bathroom. *sigh*
    some people should be sterelized.

Slap the parents silly and tell the kids - see, now you have something to cry and scream about. And if they carry on, slap the parents again and then the kids just for fun. You will feel better (dont know about the other family - but fuck them anyway.....)

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

Some are spoiled and some are threaten very badly and unfair. I think you should have strong disciplines when raising a kid, but you should also be fair. I can't understand how todays kids are raised. When I were like 5-12years old I admired and were kind of afraid of the 'older boys'. That's because I knew they could beat me up easily etc. But nowdays these 5-12 year olds come and show you a finger and insolve you. And after that they ask you to buy them cigarettes.
    Hah, I was a real pain in the ass as a kid. I didn't cry/yell often but when I did I screamed like fire alarm. But the fun part was that I didn't scream more than about 5-10 seconds and then I passed out. Didn't remember to inhale

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

I always dispise how children can be allowed to scream, when I'm trying to enjoy a book and outside my window are a gaggle of children from next door yelling there focking heads off! "HE'S TOUCHING ME!" "AAAAH HELP!" etc.

... yet I want a child of my own one day. Hmmm.

Mother Superior

I was a preschool teacher for a few years and I agree that children can get quite out of hand. A child isn't born to be pissy,whiney and to throw tantrums, it doesn't work that way. We have those emotions as well, but we are adults and can control this behavior to a point. It has to start at home from day 1. Coming in and putting your foot down when they are 3 and start getting disciplinary when it wasn't instilled prior, I question what the degree of your success will be in that endeavor. Too many parent's are clueless to how their children behave and interact with other children. I had a disruptive child in my pre-school class, and I sent home notes to his mother, she spoke to me as if I was describing a child she did not know. I invited her to go to an area where she can observe her child in a classroom setting, although he won't be able to see her, and she did that one morning. The next day she came into my class in tears, and told me that they were going to have him tested for certain psychological ailments. I also noticed that many times a child acts completely different when they are around their parents, when the parents are taken out of the sitaution, they will act different, usually more mature. They know they are being held accountable for their actions.
    Now, kids screaming in stores, we have all seen that.. children aren't puppies, it comes with child rearing. If you can't handle a child crying, imagine experiencing that possibly quite often. Kids don't coo and act playful all the time, they have the feelings we have as I said, and much less of an outlet for their anger.

countessnichole's Avatar Wicca, Friend, Lover.

Not to mention that children, if not properly raised can make for psycho adults. I used to be spanked and spoken firmly for being bad and for doing wrong and i've grown up fairly stable. I wish parents could be more like my own, not afraid to punish their kids. Unfortunately, the lil bastards can find a way around it if the parents themselves are spineless or the kid can scream "abuse".

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

Yeah, I remember when I knew everything about kids.
    Then I had some...

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Yes children can be a pain in the ass sometimes with there tantrums and disregard for the well being of other people. But at the end of the day, when it comes down to it, nothing beats the glowing look on a child's face when I let them out of the trunk of my car.

Maybe others have touched on this- but what happened was an extrene reaction by baby boomer parents to their over controlling parents..so now any kid is allowed to be a selfish monster no matter what..have people ever heard of a middle ground.P.

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

What sucks is that if you give your child a justifiable swat in public, you can be charged with abuse. I just wait until I get in the car or home, and give a look before that tells him what time it is. Every other mammal I've seen discipline their young by smacking them...why dhould we be different?

Then again, I hate kids other than mine. (they suck sometimes too)

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUSIEQ502
    What sucks is that if you give your child a justifiable swat in public, you can be charged with abuse. I just wait until I get in the car or home, and give a look before that tells him what time it is. Every other mammal I've seen discipline their young by smacking them...why dhould we be different?

Then again, I hate kids other than mine. (they suck sometimes too)
    that's how i do things too. my kids are under control for the most part. we have a few problems when we're out but not offten.

i to dislike kids that are'nt mine.

As much as I know it's next to impossibel, I'd like to think that by the time I get around to having children, they will be perfect angels. (I hear every mom and dad on the board going "HA!" in unison) as much as I know this not to be the case I do hope that I will have managed to explain to them by thte age of three that unless you're being murdered, there is no reason to scream like you are. I know for a fact that if my child and I are in a movie theatre or a resturaunt and my darling starts throwing a fit we're going right home out of respect to the other patrons. there is nothing more annoying than being at a nice dinner and someone's kid won't stop crying or being a general pain in the ass for whatever reason. And I do blame it on the parents. A child at 2 or three or nine really has no grasp of the world except what is taught to them by their parents. I firmly belive it should be entirely permissble to back hand parents of out of control children while at the mall or the grocerystore, especially the parents of that poor little girl who wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom. Poor dear, just learned how to be able to tell when she needs to pee and the morons won't let her go. It would have served them right if she had peed herself right then and there. I don't blame the poor thing for crying when her dad offered her a knuckle sandwich, that's not a threat of a slap or a time out, that's out right violence. It's one thing to slap an unruly child open handed once, it's an entirely different matter to punch a child. I htink alot of this stemms from the parents trying more to be friends with their kids than authority figures. *shakes head* I just don't know.
    K

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I am glad I don't have kids am I the only one that realizes I am not ready or prpepared for children. The need discipline and love and ear to listen and a word to advise...children take alot of time and I realize that and that i am not ready...I wihs more people would. but so,e day soon I think I will be ready to take care of scraped knees listen to amazng stories of school yar heroics and just sitting there and being a friend when no one else is.

My strategy is to leave them cry (if they are mine) untill they cry their asses off... they'll get bored and they'll never do it again (for that preticulary purpose)

p.s. sorry about my spelling.... I never learned english in school or anywhere else (just expirience)

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    My strategy is to leave them cry (if they are mine) untill they cry their asses off... they'll get bored and they'll never do it again (for that preticulary purpose)

p.s. sorry about my spelling.... I never learned english in school or anywhere else (just expirience)
    some kids do'nt cry themselves out. i have one that does'nt sleep much. she would cry for days. it's all about the kid. not every child is the same. i have 5 very different children. what works with one might not help with the other. i wish it was as easy as you all seem to think but it is'nt. i have good kids. old peopletell me how well behaved they are all the time . but we still have our moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    some kids do'nt cry themselves out. i have one that does'nt sleep much. she would cry for days. it's all about the kid. not every child is the same. i have 5 very different children. what works with one might not help with the other. i wish it was as easy as you all seem to think but it is'nt. i have good kids. old peopletell me how well behaved they are all the time . but we still have our moments.
    nice to hear that... and good too...
    about crying kid..... Did you talk around what could it be.... my sister is 18 and she's nervous a lot.... like kid she cryed a lot....

she's just that way. she has some things wrong that i can'nt talk about. (good mom doesn"t want to embarrass)

okay... I won't ask more... only I can do is to wish you luck and yes, I know that mom's with good kids have all luck they can ever have... like my mom

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    okay... I won't ask more... only I can do is to wish you luck and yes, I know that mom's with good kids have all luck they can ever have... like my mom

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

All you need to do, is stick to your punishments, so they know you mean business. My parents never had to beat the crap out of me to keep me under control, because if they threatened to throw a toy away, if I did not shut up, they would do it. If I threw a tantrum, the toy went in the trash. If they said to shut up or I would not go to the store for a week, then I was not allowed to go to the store at all for a week. So in the future, when they told me to shut up, or they were going to punish me, I would shut up, because I knew they were not fooling around. That's all it takes. Stick to your punishments, so they know you mean business. Take away the tv. Take away things they enjoy. Tell them they will only get them back, if they behave... You'll be amazed how well it works...

+ Reply to Thread