+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iq

Default Iq

did you ever tok a test?
    how big is it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Iq

Not to be confused with internet quizzes for fun, real IQ tests are administered by psych professionals and take into account things like cultural bias. My parents took me for testing at I think Columbia University when I was really little because they thought I should be doing better in school. They were told my IQ was fine, but I was a freaked out little kid. Hmm, guess there is something to those tests.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I think when I had my IQ test done, it took a few days.
    Psych testing, however, is about 500 questions long.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i got an iq test in elementary school because evryone thought i was one of them genius kids i only scored 135. the only real reason evryone though i was smart was because i actualy liked to read and i watched the discovery chanel alot.

Bloodcountess's Avatar Member

I have once took an iq test on the internet, but I don't take these too serious. My score was 122.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

ive taken a few i ussually score from 135 to 150 deppending on weither im having a good day or not i have noo idea why but ive been tested like six times

nice... anybody joined mensa?

I've never taken one, the closest thing I've taken was the SATs and those show more how good you are at doing school crap on a time limit, not thinking

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    nice... anybody joined mensa?
    Mensa is for pussies who need a support group to feel less bad about having a nicely functioning brain. No thanks.

I took the mensa test and passed it then i decided not to join for some reason but their test is really freakin hard

and your little dog too

given the generally extremely intelligent level of conversation on this board, I am sure a high percentage of board members could qualify for Mensa if they so chose. Here are some of the test scores which they accept.

California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM) IQ 132

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

California Test of Cognitive Skills IQ 132

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cattell IQ 148

Cattell Culture Fair *

Stanford Binet IQ 132

Stanford Binet 5 IQ 130

Wechsler Adult and Children Scales
    (WAIS and WAIS-R, WISC, WISC-R, WISC-III, WISC-4th Edition)
    Note: Short form not accepted IQ 130

Otis-Lennon Tests IQ 132

Otis-Gamma Test IQ 131

DAS (Differential Ability Scales) GCA 132

NNAT-Individual Form Ability Index Score of 130 or above

NNAT-Multilevel Form Ability Index Score of 130 or above

PSAT (taken in junior year) prior to 5/93 180
    effective 5/93 N/A

PSAT (taken in senior year) prior to 5/93 195
    effective 5/93 N/A

SAT or CEEB scored prior to 9/30/74 1300
    scored from 9/30/74 through 1/31/94 1250
    scored after 1/31/94 N/A

LSAT prior to 1982 662
    1982 through 5/91 39
    effective 6/91 163

GRE prior to 5/94 (math + verbal) 1250
    scored from 5/94 to 9/01 (math + verbal + analytic) 1875
    effective 10/01 N/A

GMAT (Percentile rank of verbal + quantitative)** 95

ACT Composite prior to 9/89 29
    effective 9/89 N/A

Miller Analogies Test (MAT) - Raw Score 66

Army GCT*** prior to 10/80 136
    effective 10/80 N/A

Navy GCT*** prior to 10/80 68
    effective 10/80 N/A

Henmon-Nelson *

NY State Regents Scholarship Test (aptitude section only) *

N/A These tests no longer correlate with an IQ test. Note that the acceptance date applies to the date you took the test, not the date you join Mensa. You can still join Mensa by using older scores.
    * Many intelligence test scores will qualify you for Mensa, but Mensa's supervisory psychologists will have to individually appraise the documentation. Almost any test with "achievement" in the title is not acceptable to Mensa. American Mensa does not accept unsupervised testing as proof of eligibility, specifically unsupervised testing administered electronically or via Internet-based tests.
    ** For the GMAT, unlike most tests, the qualifying score is based on the percentile of the total score. There are three columns on the score report, each with a numerical score and a percentile. You're looking for the percentile next to the score in the "total" column - if it's 95% or greater, the score qualifies you for Mensa.
    *** The only scores that Mensa can accept are the AGCT scores from the Army and the GT scores from the Navy - before the use of the ASVAB (9/80). The new military tests are vocational aptitude tests and are not suitable for Mensa admission.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I still find it funny that Mensa would keep that name since it means stupid in spanish.

they probably do it on purpouse as a joke to show how smart its members really are

Pzychotic's Avatar Dark Entity

My brother and I both were submitted for testing in our early teens, the school thought that there was something wrong with us because we were so much trouble... We were put into a program for severe behavioral disorders... While in these "special" classes we were subjected to a battery of psychological testing only to prove that there was nothing "wrong" with us except for our depressions... They finally gave us a day long test, or so it seemed, and we had scored 129 and 135 respectively, mine being the lower of the 2...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I still find it funny that Mensa would keep that name since it means stupid in spanish.
    looks like im not the first to realize this lol

+ Reply to Thread