+ Reply to Thread

Thread: X Marks The Spot!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default X Marks The Spot!

It's been a sweet time warp for me yet again. Last night, X, played The Cabooze here in Minneapolis as part of their 13:31 tour. They absolutely blew the house down! With 2 encores, it must have been a 2+ hour set of vintage p-rock. If they play your town, I would seriously recommend seeing them. They still have the energy, flow, and fuck it all attitude of 20 year olds hitting their bliss for the first time. Want a set list? I'd check their entire catalog! The audience was wonderful as well. We had kids from 18-70 get into the zone. We must have drenched the venue in sweat. One guy with a 'hawk lost all his spikes through the show. Was great!

Billy Zoom showed his trademark grace after the show. He was accessible and clearly appreciative of all the fans. A lot of photos were snapped. He really went the extra (s)mile . I just shook his hand and thanked him for such a great night. X are still amongst the best live performers in the business.

My ears are ringing. Today, it's damn well worth it. Turn out for X and their solo efforts. These guys love what they do and will keep doing it. Last night was what music should be all about.

X! X! X!

OEC

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Default Re: X Marks The Spot!

John Doe is genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    John Doe is genius.
    Definitely. He prefers his anonymity, but he is a great performer. (He made a joke about "fame" too during the show)

OEC

Vaughn's Avatar Walking Sucker Punch...
    Remember that hole you dug in the yard that time?

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    Definitely. He prefers his anonymity, but he is a great performer. (He made a joke about "fame" too during the show)

OEC
    I actually got him to "heckle" me from the stage once for being too obnoxious about a request I wanted to hear and it was damn funny. Love his solo stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn
    I actually got him to "heckle" me from the stage once for being too obnoxious about a request I wanted to hear and it was damn funny. Love his solo stuff too.
    haha that's awesome. He's great. I love those guys in X and in their respective solo and collaborative projects with other folks.

OEC

+ Reply to Thread