+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you ever get sucked in by infomercials????

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Do you ever get sucked in by infomercials????

Do you ever get sucked in by infomercials????

I recently did.

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond, in need of a new pillow because I realized the one I had was down and I am allergic. I got sucked in. There was an infomercial for this Copper something or the other pillow that claimed it would make me look younger by getting rid of wrinkles and clear up my acne! It was $30 and I totally bought it. I'll let y'all know what the results are... in case you are interested.

So share your horror stories. And make sure to mention how much cash you blew!

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Do you ever get sucked in by infomercials????

Never have.. and they drive me insane so the usual outcome is me tearing a strip off someone instead of buying the product. There's a sensible reason why infomercials are only ever used by second-grade products and if people can't see past the crap then maybe they shouldn't be left in charge of a credit card. Deeply sorry Scar, but sheesh... you have seen Tool Time haven't you? You do get irony don't you?

If you're selling something then just get the facts over, say how much the fckn thing is and get off my face. If I want to cook something in a diesel-powered UberRotisserie Maxxxxx with free (get it! limited offer! FREE gloves) I'll go buy one - seeing a quarterback with a busted knee pretend to cook a sausage for appearance fees just makes me want to buy a bigger gun.

Yeah, I am with Mindgames here. I generally detest commercials and I find infomercials completely unwatchable.

What really irritates me are commercials for things such as cars and loans, where there are legally mandatory disclosures...and they simply flash a block of tiny text on the screen for a few seconds. Even if it were legible, it would be entirely unable to be read in the time allotted.

That may be technical disclosure, but it's certainly not functional disclosure.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

only the Chuck Norris workout one.. He blesses us with his omnipotence

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

i'll watch them when I'm bored but as for buying the stuff, it'll be in stores soon enough, I can wait

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

i got stuck watching an infomercial about a dvd set of celebrity roasts, it looked pretty funny

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie T.
    that man is a freak

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    that man is a freak
    That's why I love him. He's batshit crazy and gets invited to "consult" Presidents.

Jackie T

Bedlamite

I love infomercials... fortunately I have but 5$ in my bank account, so there is no way I can loose money to them at the moment. My favorate for a long while was "Bare Minerals"... I wanted that bad... Then that one with the dance workout, and the girl with the BRIGHT red hair... The other night I got caughtup in the Areogarden... That looks like it would be fun for about a week, then get put in the garage...

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

yes i was up late at night and the ironc breeze info mercial came on and i blew $350 on this device that everycouple weeks at night sounds like someone on the phone heavy breathin till i clean the vanes

+ Reply to Thread