+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Greetings, From Australia!

Hi, my name's Willow, I'm what most people would classify as a Goth [but let's not go into stereotyping issues here], and I'm proud to be the only one in the town I currently reside in, full of emos, religious people, and just regular country types. I live in rural Western Australia, currently in a two storey flat I'm renting with soemone else, soon to move out to the next town.

I'm what I call a starving artist, or a relative unknown, a member of deviantart, but not one with connections. It's my dream to have my art showed in a gallery somewhere.

I found Blue Blood Boards through a webcomic I was reading, 'The Devil's Panties', by Jennie Breeden, and I thought, this place sounds okay. I lurked the boards for a while, and you guys seem decent, and this seems to be a great place to be. So here I am. Let the insanity begin.

~W

Default Re: Greetings

Rural Australia sounds interesting. One of the only places in the world I have never been, not even for one day on tour. Is it hard to be Goth there?

It's incredibly hot, so it'sdifficult, unless you're willing to expose a fair amount of skin to the sun, something I'm not prepared to do. But it's generally okay, but the rareness of other Goths is frustrating.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

heh, ive been noticing blueblood ads on a lot of comics lately. was wondering if wed get a few new webnerdlings rock up (dont be offended, if you have a longer list of webcomics you regular than i do then i will be genuinely impressed).

welcome along to the party. nowhere near enough aussies around here. its hard to stay gothically pale when your planet circles a vicious orb of fire, even more so in sunny stralia.

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Hello Willow!

Solace_in_the_snow's Avatar Member

Hello! I came here by way of Questionable Content! I have 25 or 26 webcomics I subscribe to reading.

I've got about.... twenty-ish comics that I check as soon as they update, adding more and more as the day goes on. At the moment, it's xkcd, which is my inner geek surfacing. Great webcomic though, and I continuously have to googlethings to undersand what's going on, so I'm learning all the time!

Either that, or it's DeviantArt for me. Because Dial-up sucks. The end.

~ W

Willow if you like wearing the clothes and can scrap together the cash for it. Move up here to Wasilla, Alaska, United States of America. Its cold with snow! and we have real goths! Not like the kind you find that act goth. Our goths have moved past the whole, 'If I where black then I am cool and non-conforming.' myth. I am a goth but I where denim and a white tee shirt with a black leather jacket. I just mantain my gothic love of old arts and veiws on humanity in it's sad sad state...

Ahh, refreshng to find that somewhere is enlightened past the 'OMG SPIKESNSTUFF SO GOTH!' thing.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

solace, willow, in your 20s? i have 56. and thats just counting the sites, several of them ahve multiple comics on the same site.

yes, i have no life

Yes I eventually relized that goth is a horrid trend. Gothic is the state of being. I like spike by the way and I like his ass. Oh well... If you get the chance to come to Alaska you must attend one of my Metal Tournaments. You needn't partake to enjoy. But if you do partake... No promises you won't lose a finger.

Hooray for no life! Seriously. I mean that.

Livs are overrated. Give me my laptop and the internet, and I will want for nothing else!

Laptops rock but I need Other things. Like the thrill of the fight, or the way the trees smell after the rain. I also would grow very lonely with out a mate near me to hold.

What I've always foundis that, no matter where you go, you'll find someone looking for you. The amount I've travelled, thee's always a kind person to merely have a conversation with, or even smlingat a stranger.

I must be the happiest goth ever.

But, being brougt up in a city atmosphere; what always smells best to me is hot tarmac after a rainstorm.

My favorite smell has always been Ozone right before Thors hammer cracks at the sky. I like speaking with you. I have forgotten what has been plagueing me. Well I remember but I am no longer sad.

That's good to hear. I tend to classfy myself as a poetic optimistic pessimist.

A contridiction. I love them.

Oh my gods... I wrote a song last year called, "Optimistic Pessisism" that is quite hilarious. I am a bad speller though.

I try to get my spelling right, but this new keyboard is unfamiliar to me, so I'm making mistakes left, right, and center.

I have never been a good speller with more smart words.

I read quite a bit, and from an early age, so words longer than five syllables come naturally to me. I blame my dad for exposing me to Shakespere at the age of ten.

Bless him.

I started with video games at age 4 then complex novels about demonic **** at age 5 I am luckly I don't **** goats.

The media a person is exposed to should not be seen as a manual for their living. The books I read as a young kid? Not safe for kiddies, but I have the common sense for it to be entertainment, not a play by play of how I should behave. Same goes for video games. I'm an active gamer, I have played games like GTA, and Manhunt, and I have not killed anyone.

Take that, critics of today's youth.

I was raised on violence and then people got mad at me for not being sad over the loss of my friend. They blamed media like all fools will. I just knew she didn't want us to be sad and that sorrow won't return the dead.

Everyone has a unique reaction to things.

People getting mad at you not reacting to omething asserious as a loss of a friend? Not cool. Everyone needs their space. People like that just make me angry.

I think it was more fear. I have really been trying to adapt by saying, "You can't change the past so don't try..." But when you are alone tears come to easy

That's one of the more true things I've heard.

I wanna go to Australia so bad now...

Save up the money! If I wasn't saving for a motorbike, I'd be saving for a plane ticket.

well I suppose I could. I must take leave for the night. plesent dreams children of the night

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Greetings! I have a t-shirt that would be great for you. It says "The Only Goth in the Village!"
    That makes another Aussie on the board.
    Maybe you should move a bit further south or a lot further north (as in the northern hemisphere) if you don't want to show off too much skin. People seem to think that I'm strange when I wear my leather biker jacket and leather gloves in the Summer. The last thing I want is a tan. My wife uses Factor 50, as she burns very easily, maybe you should try some of that.
    As for age, I just turned 38 last week, and though I think my mother still thinks it's a phase I'll grow out of, I'm having my doubts about that. My other half is 28, and she has been a goth for a long time.

I hope you enjoy your stay and have fun.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hello..........yeah, hot tarmac and rain do smell great

Hello all who replied to me!

Black Spiral Dancer Wow, that sounds like a great t-shirt. The only Goth in the villiage indeed! I've actually got this skin thing that means I can't actually tolerate UV light, so a tan is not an option for me.
    As for age, I'm eighteen in a few months, but I try to act the age I am in my mind,not the amount of times I've orbited this pesky Daystar of ours.

Take no offense but it sounds like either, minor albino ism, the vampire diasese, or the lycan disease.

It's a hypersensitivity brought on by exposure to a certain strain of disease in my extreme youth. Make no mistake, I am no vampire ^.^

There was an article up here about a disease that made people hypersensitive to direct sun light (UV rays). They were irritable and very rarely needed extra blood to live. It was then called Vampire's Disease.

I've never needed extra blood to survive, but I was vegetarian for a while, until I started getting sicker and sicker. A quick trip to the doc, who confirmed that I needed meat, not meat substitutes, or I can't live too healthily.

Heh I decided I couldn't live without meat long long ago. I like Jalepeno burgers to much ^^

I decided that killing animals was preferrable to killing myself. I had to explain this several times to my [vegetarian] housemate before she'd talk to me again.

Thats why I want to live alone!

I wish I could, but alas, houses don't come free, and rent is expensive.

+ Reply to Thread