+ Reply to Thread

Thread: would you go on game show to win kidney?

and your little dog too

Default would you go on game show to win kidney?

from yahoo

Organ donor show to go on despite criticism

Tue May 29, 10:11 AM ET

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A Dutch broadcaster will air a show this week in which a terminally ill woman selects a recipient for her kidneys from three contestants, despite government calls for the programme to be scrapped.

Newspaper De Telegraaf said BNN would broadcast The Big Donorshow on Friday during which the 37-year-old woman will choose from three people with kidney problems.

She will make her choice based on the contestants' history, profile and conversations with their families and friends. Viewers will be able to send text messages advising her during the 80-minute show.

"The chance for a kidney for the contestants is 33 percent. This is much higher than that for people on a waiting list. You would expect it to be better but it is worse," the daily cited BNN Chairman Laurens Drillich as saying.

Ruling coalition parties Christian Democrat (CD) and the conservative Christian Union have called the show "wretched" and unethical.

BNN says it wants to highlight the difficulties faced by kidney sufferers in getting donor organs as a tribute to BNN founder Bart de Graaff, who died of kidney failure five years ago, despite several transplants.

The Netherlands is a pioneer of reality shows like "Big Brother."

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Default Re: would you go on game show to win kidney?

I am so down with that... I would know who's parts I am getting then not

If you are on Big Brother, Survivor, Wife Swap or even America's Top Chef you volunteered to be there and put up with the crap. The Big Donorshow preys on the desperate. That is never cool in my book.

id rather win a car ,,,or a boat ,,,you know something usefull

+ Reply to Thread