+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm watching the Sex: The Revolution

Default I'm watching the Sex: The Revolution

I'm revolted, by the so called christians.

It makes me sick, and saddened to all the people they wounded in the name of God,

Its so called christians that make everyone hate the idea of God, cuz who in their right mind and freedom of expression would want to fall in the ranks of the pew warmers on sunday that abandon all forms of self expression, to become a blob sheep thats expressionless, and are willing to 'crucify' all those who dare to be true to themselves.

I've noticed that the most repressed UNHAPPY sexual beings are the ones who try to kill the life in others who practice freely.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: I'm watching the Sex: The Revolution

I no how you feel...........of course I think all religions/cults are like that

I agree. I think religion and spirituality, and what is felt spiritually are different things all together.

Religion is man's planned pathway to God.

I think we all have the ability to discern what we feel for ourselves, without having someone tell us whats real and whats not, we all have the ability to judge for ourselves. My path isnt for you, just like its very unlikely you can walk a mile in my shoes!!!

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

It's odd the whole concept of celibacy has really no spiritual bias behind it. It all stems from the fact of Nobles in way back times not being granted land by the pope unless they would conform to this idea. Would also explain the many hundreds of years of other bad things as well. Many priest in the church don't even know the history behind the vow of celibacy. It's in a long list of things the church has with it's stigma towards sex. Feels like the mentally of the 50's all over again.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

celibacy is not a distinctly Christian notion. it was/is practiced in India among some Hindus and Buddhists as well.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

What the fuck is this about? Context, people

Its about separating the wheat from the chaff.... chaff being the part thats useless and if played with, the jagged pieces would be painful....

Dont you get tired of the spoon fed spiritual diet, while ever wondering what's real? And what should be rejected?

If not, thats ok. Some of us have the yearning to separate and seek a deeper spiritual substance.

Its a personal journey, not all are going to follow the same path..... and thats ok, its not something thats meant to be condemned, as society 'preaches'.

Thank you all for your wonderful imput.

Is this a book? A website?

Quote Originally Posted by a_small_death
    It's odd the whole concept of celibacy has really no spiritual bias behind it. It all stems from the fact of Nobles in way back times not being granted land by the pope unless they would conform to this idea. Would also explain the many hundreds of years of other bad things as well. Many priest in the church don't even know the history behind the vow of celibacy. It's in a long list of things the church has with it's stigma towards sex. Feels like the mentally of the 50's all over again.
    I remember being really really young, and thinking, the way to get a prayer answered is to vow to God that I wont cut my hair ... like a trade, I'm showing I'm serious by surrendering my 'glory' being my hair, and letting that be a witnessing testimony if you'll just answer my prayer...

This is NOT a good representation of what or who God really is, but rather a indoctrination that the 'church' teaches .... esp in this area, where many of the 'elders' of the church, being women, havent cut their hair since child hood if ever at all ... that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    Is this a book? A website?
    For EASY example, TBN, and the typical evangelical preachings of Billy Graham, RW Shambauch (scam buck) Oral Roberts, Rod Parsley, etc etc etc....

The ones who have taken the bible, and perverted its use to fit their agenda, to the point where people will reject the bible all together, because of the erroneous teachings they've passed down from generation to generations.

I've been raised in that mentality, and its never sat right with me...
    Its always seemed fake, like they're putting on a show.

To know the truth, as best as I can learn, I've studied several religions that I've felt a pull ... to learn,
    INCL christianity... I got a greek and hebrew concordance.(sp) And have looked up the text myself, and it doesnt resemble whats being preached and commonly accepted by the 'church' today.

The blind leading the blind.

Do you find yourself shying away from church BP? Why? Do you feel CONDEMNED? ...and shunned
    Thats propaganda....
    And the truth should make you feel embraced...

You have messages, OK.

And I steer clear of church cause I'm not Christian.

Thank you BP, I'm enjoying every process of the artistic journey. Despise not small beginings, they are the past to be the future of success.

You have messages, OK.

And I steer clear of church cause I'm not Christian.
    That's a clear statement of what I mean. The present teaching and understanding, is unless you're christian, you're not welcome.

I'm IN NO WAY telling you what to believe, but rather, how they've made so many uncomfortable or uninvited by the religion.

Um, I don't go into mosques because I'm not muslim, not because I'm not welcome.

Its just an illustration, I dont mean for your to feel included or excluded,

I love you to death just the way you are, I dont want you to feel included or excluded for the same reason, .... get it?

no, sadly.

I don't feel excluded - I just don't see the need to undertake a 2hr ritual to a God I don't believe in.

...and thats ok.

I like your profile pic change

Thanks

I kind of want to go to a mosque and walk across the people's backs, when they are bowing down just because they couldn't do anything about it.

kind of like messing with the British royal guards.

I believe that everyone's path to spirituality is different for each person.

that's cool. I know, I'm an asshole.

but not taking anything seriously is MY path to enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    I kind of want to go to a mosque and walk across the people's backs, when they are bowing down just because they couldn't do anything about it.

kind of like messing with the British royal guards.
    And when the prayer was over, they'd stab nine colours of shit out of you, and piss on your corpse.

I've never went to a mosque, I was only welcomed to one just after 9/11 so I didnt think that counted, considering I wasnt in a hate group or in the ones who bombed the towers....
    So I didnt go, I did down load the Koran, but it seemed kinda generic, but that doesnt mean I'm not in greater search of its meaning, I'm always on that path.

Ever heard of Robert Bruce, I like him and what he has to say aboout spirituality, but its not complete .... just like men need women to procreate, so do we need different takes on spirituality....... just not everything out there..... just what fits,

And when the prayer was over, they'd stab nine colours of shit out of you, and piss on your corpse.
    I plan on being creamated

Quote Originally Posted by OrganizedKhaos
    I wasnt in a hate group or in the ones who bombed the towers....
    so you don't work for the government. that's good.

ever hear of Dr. Timothy Leary?

Over my dead body!

so you don't work for the government. that's good.

ever hear of Dr. Timothy Leary?

Ask me tommorrow, or rather I reserve the right to answer tomorrow......lol

No idea ( *hiccup...who Dr. Timothy Leary is ) it may make perfect sense tomorrow

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

In less Southern areas, there are people who are Xtian with the idea of being good, rather than merely judgmental and marginalizing to others.

Before I lived in Georgia, I was always very live and let live. Afterwards, it took me kind of a while to get past that prejudice, but it eventually passed being in places where people did not equate their religion with the right to cruelty.

I agree with a lot of the messages of major religions, just not how some people practice them. But that goes for Wicca and Satanism etc. too, so ultimately the responsibility is on the individual.

BTW, the thread title refers to a show on vh1, apparently. someone else brought it up to me today, and I made fun of them too.

BTW, the thread title refers to a show on vh1, apparently. someone else brought it up to me today, and I made fun of them too.

I think my TiVo might have recommended that to me, but I'm not really a big fan of the whole sexual revolution thang. I mean, I don't think people should be horribly repressed, but I don't meet a lot of super happy swingers -- some, but not a lot -- and the sexual revolution did bring us AIDS, more widespread herpes and chlamydia, the destruction of male social responsibility, greater drag on the welfare system, and the destruction of marriage for future generations. And it still was not particularly supportive of female sexual pleasure, just permissiveness.

All good points. Those damn baby boomers.

All good points. Those damn baby boomers.

Contributions like those make me really look forward to paying for their retirement.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Contributions like those make me really look forward to paying for their retirement.
    Don't worry - by the time they start looking for their checks, the second Great Depression will be upon us.

Houses will be valued less than the food in their refrigerators.

Gas will cost more than the car you put it in, although this isn't much of a change for residents of the Mid West.

Emo kids will walk about happy, as they'll think everyone is on TV talking about their lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Don't worry - by the time they start looking for their checks, the second Great Depression will be upon us.

Houses will be valued less than the food in their refrigerators.

Gas will cost more than the car you put it in, although this isn't much of a change for residents of the Mid West.

Emo kids will walk about happy, as they'll think everyone is on TV talking about their lifestyle.

Would you say we are not there yet? I always get my recession versus depression definitions confused. Economy seems pretty hosed right now. I'd ask my mother, but she got her training as an economist from the US Govt.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

If you ask economists they'll say no, as "recession" implies a negative rate of inflation. The US may be teetering on the edge of a cliff, but still has growth.

To quote:-

You know you're in a recession when people start buying gold as an investment.

You know you're in a depression when people start buying bread as an investment.

Things will sink far lower before they get better, and right now many Americans are so focused on the property crisis they aren't really aware of the looming commodity problem. Sub-prime has made a lot of traders jittery, and combining that with the Chinese hunger for fuel and steel I can easily expect to see gas at $8/gallon. The problem is you can't fix things like that by dropping interest rates - a gas trader in Minsk doesn't give a damn about the Fed, so the market price never drops. The UK is going through the same thing at the moment - fuel and food prices are shooting up but everything else isn't, so wages aren't rising to match living costs. We're all going to end up poorer and with more fragile investments so you just have to hope you'll survive while the world rebalances around you.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

i just liked the image that the "blob sheep" conjured up. thank you.

so if we don't buy fuel, food or shelter, but just spend all our money on Ipods, we'll be OK!

so if we don't buy fuel, food or shelter, but just spend all our money on Ipods, we'll be OK!
    (*whispers quietly*... or just pods)

+ Reply to Thread