+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prohibition Party

Default Prohibition Party

Happy Repeal of Prohibition Day! So a Dewar's ad pointed out to me that we should all celebrate the Repeal of Prohibition...
    Read the full article

Default Re: Prohibition Party

Huzzah! Thanks for the heads up.

And Rachel's a gorgeous gal.

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

yeah... that's all i got...

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

rachel is great. I need to give her a call. I miss my homegirl.

We're having our own prohibition overhere, the smoking ban. It's already reaching the point where bars, cafes and coffeeshops are getting organised to outright ignore the law together.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    We're having our own prohibition overhere, the smoking ban. It's already reaching the point where bars, cafes and coffeeshops are getting organised to outright ignore the law together.
    what kind of smoking ban? tobacco or hash? a friend of mine went to amsterdam earlier this year and said they were geting ready to ban all the pot and hash smoking.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I'm working as a bouncer tonight So I get to deal with the amateur night.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    i like smoking bans more or less. There's an outright ban in ireland on smoking in pubs which came into force a couple years back. At first it was really weird but now people are pretty much used to it. They either go outside to smoke or smoke in cordoned off open-top areas. Cigarettes really stink out your clothes and hair...

Now I live in spain where the proprietors have to make a legally binding choice whether their premise will be smoking or non-smoking. That works too although obviously all the 'cool' places are smoke friendly coz all the cool kids like their cigarettes.

Smoking bans are NOT good at all. 1st everyone is all about non-smokers rights, but no one cares about smokers rights or the rights to the bars and owners. If you don't want smoke in your hair a bar wouldn't be the place to be. I am a smoker and I don't blow smoke in people's faces at bars, and I can understand that non-smokers may perfer to not be around cig smoke, but it's a bar (and or club) your gonna be around much worse, and I shouldn't have to drag my ass outside in -10 degree weather in Chicago in the snow with heels on, to stop someone from smelling something they don't like. Give the smokers a room at least, or stop making us pay taxes for all the stuff needed in each city and just outlaw smoking altogether.

In Chicago I have not yet saw one person cut off of drinking when they are clearly over the limit of "drunkface stupid" yet I see no more ashtrays in any bars, and the owners having no choice in their own business policies, the state should NOT make choices for small biz owners, they got enough to worry about.

I work in a bar. Smoking bans are awesome. Shut up.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I smoke and have no problems with all the bans. I get it. Smoking smells. Then again I live in Florida so smoking outside isn't a problem. Then again in the summertime when humidity is 100% and at night it's still in the high 80's, but feels like the 90's, it isn't a fun time either. But still...I get it.

I do wish they had a ban on drunks acting like assholes though. That would make my bar visits alot more fun.

I work at a bar and also like smoking bans. I wish my bar had one. I don't like coming home smelling like an ashtray, and I certainly don't like breathing in other peoples second hand smoke. why should I get cancer because of someone elses filthy habit? smoking bans kick ass.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

We have a smoking ban here as well. At first I was kinda pissed because I like to smoke but, it's nice eating in a restaurant that doesn't reek of smoke. I do miss smoking at the bar though, especially in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    nice. i wish places here would do that. they're getting to the point of outlawing smoking everywhere except *inside* your home. wtf. hi, what about your poor roomies? w/e
    *plans to ignore all laws anyway*

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxSinner
    Smoking bans are NOT good at all. 1st everyone is all about non-smokers rights, but no one cares about smokers rights or the rights to the bars and owners. If you don't want smoke in your hair a bar wouldn't be the place to be. I am a smoker and I don't blow smoke in people's faces at bars, and I can understand that non-smokers may perfer to not be around cig smoke, but it's a bar (and or club) your gonna be around much worse, and I shouldn't have to drag my ass outside in -10 degree weather in Chicago in the snow with heels on, to stop someone from smelling something they don't like. Give the smokers a room at least, or stop making us pay taxes for all the stuff needed in each city and just outlaw smoking altogether.

In Chicago I have not yet saw one person cut off of drinking when they are clearly over the limit of "drunkface stupid" yet I see no more ashtrays in any bars, and the owners having no choice in their own business policies, the state should NOT make choices for small biz owners, they got enough to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    Now I live in spain where the proprietors have to make a legally binding choice whether their premise will be smoking or non-smoking. That works too although obviously all the 'cool' places are smoke friendly coz all the cool kids like their cigarettes.

now that's the way it should be. that would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    I work in a bar. Smoking bans are awesome. Shut up.
    I am a patron at many bars and a smoker, you shut up

If people don't wanna smell like smoke and they work in bars, don't ya think thats a bad career choice

Hence why I didn't get the job until the smoking ban was enacted. Great money under the table with almost no work load. Plus it's good to have to stand by the door when all the hot girls go out to smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Hence why I didn't get the job until the smoking ban was enacted. Great money under the table with almost no work load. Plus it's good to have to stand by the door when all the hot girls go out to smoke.
    haha! well give them a jacket :P
    but you must agree, many people had those jobs prior to the ban and it didn't seem to bother them then....

I don't like stepping on rights, smokers and biz owners got screwed.

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

if i had a fucking dollar for every cigarette i gave a "non-smoker" outside the bars in Los Angeles i would be rich as hell....

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    what kind of smoking ban? tobacco or hash? a friend of mine went to amsterdam earlier this year and said they were geting ready to ban all the pot and hash smoking.
    Tobacco. No plans to crack down on pot currently in the works AFAIK, barring the worries that coffeeshops were intended to suffer harshest from the public tobacco smoking laws.

As far as the politics of smoking bans go, I kinda see the point. Smoke from others is harmful, and even by libertarian standards, you don't have a right to the freedom to do things that constitute an assault on someones physical health. Plus, tobacco is the lamest drug ever, and it's about time it grew out of fashion.

The flip side of the coin, of course, that I really don't like "You can't do that" rules and laws. Even when a kind of behaviour is can be reasonably argued to as being 'immoral', forbidding it is a way over-rated 'solution' that always comes with tons of undesirable side effects.

Being able to breathe in clubs was a nice change for like, five minutes, right up until the point of wandering into the first utterly vulgar sweat-drenched drunk guy's three meter proximity.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.illuminati
    if i had a fucking dollar for every cigarette i gave a "non-smoker" outside the bars in Los Angeles i would be rich as hell....
    fuck I forgot about that....I hate sharing and when your stuck in a friggin corner you cant say I don't smoke.

They cost 7 bucks a pack here, I hate when they offer me a quarter, I am like yeah get some more of those and buy your own.

+ Reply to Thread