+ Reply to Thread

Thread: God Damned...

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Default God Damned...

Everyday i hear so many people saying the age old classic "God Damnit". and upon further thought, i don't think its all that bad to be God damned. I think it would be far worse to be "Devil Damned".if your damned by God, then your mostly in good company, but damned by the Devil.....your really fucked. I mean really...how much further down can you go. Just a thought i had while i was taking a piss, sorry.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: God Damned...

yea, but it just doesn't roll of the tounge like "well.....GodDammit!!!!!!! ........

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    yea, but it just doesn't roll of the tounge like "well.....GodDammit!!!!!!! ........
    He's right! Also, I find that using it really gets my point across with alot of people.

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Everyday i hear so many people saying the age old classic "God Damnit". and upon further thought, i don't think its all that bad to be God damned. I think it would be far worse to be "Devil Damned".if your damned by God, then your mostly in good company, but damned by the Devil.....your really fucked. I mean really...how much further down can you go. Just a thought i had while i was taking a piss, sorry.
    I DAMN YOU
    p.s. don't think and piss at the same time, thats how you piss on yourself.
    The Devil.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Just a thought i had while i was taking a piss, sorry.

wow. what a bladder.

"Gah gah DAMMIT!"
    - Jake Morgendorffer

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

well I think in the traditional sense they associate themselves with God, and favorabley, so it is an insult to other's to have them be damned by thier god. they couldn't care less if the devil damned you or not, because they don't think of themselves as being associated with the devil. On the other hand to submit to being able to understand and dispense God's judgement is blasphemy and for proclaiming someone else to be goddamned, would more than likely result in you being damned by god, instead of them.

It was probably some medieval english arsehole that thought up that confusing and contradicting sentiment. I wouldn't be surprised.

Dag Nabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azekiel
    Dag Nabbit.
    I like how Robin used to cuss on the Batman series.

Holy rusted metal, Batman!

Can you please, for the sake of courtesy, go easy on the Xeno? 'God Damnit' or 'May got damn it/you/them all to hell for your/their crimes' doesn't seem all that contradcitory to me. God is the arbiter, the Devil is the tempter. the devil doesn't have the POWER to damn you, only the power lead you into committing some crime wothy of God's damnation. this would qualify as a prayer, being an entreaty to god to damn who/whatever you're talking about. it would be blasphemy to take the role of arbiter yourself, only as a mouthpiece for god - that's why the judicial system in most religious nations and many secular states contain some statement to the effect of 'By the power vested in me by almighty God...'

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I like how Robin used to cuss on the Batman series.

Holy rusted metal, Batman!
    Robin's curse was always different and always relevant to the situation: "Holy [2-3 word discription of their predicament], Batman!"

+ Reply to Thread