+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music made me do it...

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

Default Music made me do it...

I found this...

A Malawian man believed to be high on marijuana beheaded two women with an axe Friday, police in the southern African country said.

The man, in his mid-20s, beheaded a 52-year-old woman while she worked in her garden with her daughter and did the same to a 68-year-old friend who came to the daughter's aid, police spokesman Kelvin Maigwa told Reuters.

"The unsuspecting woman greeted the stranger who, instead, threw the axe at her, aiming at the chest," Maigwa said.

He said police found marijuana, or hemp, when they searched the suspect's home.

"The house was full of stench from recently smoked hemp. We believe he had an overdose of the hemp that made him go berserk," Maigwa said, adding that the walls of the house bore quotations from famous reggae songs.

Police have launched a manhunt for the killer, who fled into the bush after the attacks.

aaaaa... so it's not only the "manson/satan worship/senseless music" that induces people to kill... i like to find this kind of news, so people know that any kind of music can make you do stupid or any kind of things... i don't think it's the music that actually tells you to go kill your parents, i guess that the fact that you feel good when you listen to music that gets the psycho in you or the dancing machine, depending on your humor or your psyche. The musicians are not the ones to blamem it's just that some people are crazy, the only thing that music is guilty it's for making you feel good about yourself.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Music made me do it...

I gotta say this is the first time I've heard of anyone actually killing a person while high on marijuana. I think their is more to this story than authorities are willing to give out though...

I never thought music makes one kill...music impacts your emotions and more often then not a person picks the music to psyche themselves up for any particular action they wish to do...hell clockwork orange had a **** to the tune of singin in the rain...don't see any wanting to ban that song.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah, that doesn't sound too rasta to me.

Maybe the old woman stoll his marijuana and smoked it all....They did say the house smelt of freshly smoke Hemp...
    He was just mad cuz her and her daughter smoked all his weed....

Maybe hemp with PCP in it would do it. Funny story Damniel.

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Isn't hemp supposed to be, like, soothing in effect? Shouldn't it get you waaaaaaay too relaxed to even pick yourself off your couch?
    Yeah, going on an MJ killing spree makes no sense yo me.

... I guess.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

when i hear old N'SYNC records It makes me seriously consider going on a mass killing spree in a shopping mall

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I get that too.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Reggae makes me want to kill.

Music does impact upon our emotions, otherwise we wouldn't enjoy it, but it doesn't inevitably make you feel good about yourself. Leonard Cohen, for example, makes some people very downbeat, whereas he makes me laugh like a drain. Horses for courses and such.

Getting violent on grass is difficult, but possible. It'd ruin the effect - you'd keep getting giggling fits mid-massacre.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I agree music does impact your emotions but if music can direct your actions to that extent you were pretty fucked up to begin with.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    Reggae makes me want to kill.

Music does impact upon our emotions, otherwise we wouldn't enjoy it, but it doesn't inevitably make you feel good about yourself. Leonard Cohen, for example, makes some people very downbeat, whereas he makes me laugh like a drain. Horses for courses and such.

Getting violent on grass is difficult, but possible. It'd ruin the effect - you'd keep getting giggling fits mid-massacre.
    Yeah but im a homicdal maniac i would giggle through the whole massacre anyways

I have smoked weed every day of my life for the past 6 years,and i must say that it kept me from killing the past 2 weeks i finnally qwit smokeing for drug test purposes. i must say i want to kill everyone know. maybe he ran out. and when it comes to the music i listen to sounds that would make children cry. and i still haven;t killed tons of people. beleve it or not metal calms me. the regular music peopel listen too rap country r&b fills with with rage. So when they say that the music makes em do it. no, and the weed. no. im walking proff of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

Hmmm... yeah....mm'kay... maybe he had the muchies soooo bad, he was trying to snag a snack from her garden and she was the one who tried to attack him and things went bad.

'Cause I know when I'm blitzed and all, I could just kill for a pizza...
    not that I actually could... maybe I should jam some Bob Marley before making my delivery order. Watch out Domino's driver.

Or... maybe she was the one growing the weed and she ganked him on his sack earlier... and once he smoked it up and found he'd been shorted he went back to try and get things set straight and the old broad was the one who tried to go nuts first and he just happened to get the upper hand... or ahead... two of 'em. (that'll teach me to post while stoned)

I could see it being possible if he was cranking some Ozzy or Judas Priest, Morbid Angel or Candlemass and doing up some meth or drain-o... because we all know THAT'S the Devil's music.

+ Reply to Thread