+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody know Fabrics and shit?

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Anybody know Fabrics and shit?

haha,second time i've asked about making a jacket work ..

i've asked everybody how to shrink this basterd,but i hasn't really worked...

i've lost a lot of weight and some muscle over the last year or two(not that i had ANY to spare,but that's how shit happens when you run out of bread& pastries,haha)

and my only good jacket doesn't fit...and it's cold as ....well it's really fucking cold (working in a factory with no real heat)

it's 65% poly-35% cotton...

i've tried washing it(first time ever ) a few times,but it didn't really help..

Any majic tips you people would know?(since some of you actually do more than O-ccasionally wash your cloths,like me,haha)

I'm cold,
    K.K....

Default Re: Anybody know Fabrics and shit?

ohh,and by the way.....if Pagan is ever around....i did get that other jaket all good to go...

thanks,bud.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Other than actuall taking in the seams, if you want to shrink it, the only method is really hot water, and then a really hot dryer. But that only works really well on natural fabrics. Since yours is partly polyester, it may not work. In that case, you may have to take in some of the seams...

damn...i was kinda thinking that was it...but you guys know fabrics a hell of a lot more than I do.

it's a really Heavily sewn Dickie's-esque workjaket...hmmm...i know someone that sews,haha...wonder how i could bribe her,hmmmmm

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Put on a sweatshirt......problem solved. I know, I know. Contrary to what it looks like, I'm not McGuyver

haha,i dont even own a sweatshirt...

ona similar note,every time i hear the word sweatshirt,i laugh like a crazy person..

i've watced this Docu. on the big H so many times about death divises or whaetever.and this realyl Cambridge lookinh dude,says (in reference to teh popularity of Gullitines,Their the"equivilent to the modern day sweatshirt"...

BWWWAHAHahhahhaa

(you kinda have to see it)

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    haha,i dont even own a sweatshirt...

ona similar note,every time i hear the word sweatshirt,i laugh like a crazy person..

i've watced this Docu. on the big H so many times about death divises or whaetever.and this realyl Cambridge lookinh dude,says (in reference to teh popularity of Gullitines,Their the"equivilent to the modern day sweatshirt"...

BWWWAHAHahhahhaa

(you kinda have to see it)
    You can buy nifty ones at wallgreens for like 5 bucks. I hear some place called the Blue Blood Boutique sells a cool one too.

haha,yea i'm planning in getting one of those BB ones...

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Hot Glue Gun.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I would say newspaper.. it makes a good insulator... I saw it in a movie once...

Or get a midget... they will keep your neck warm... just don't forget to reed them once a week...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Modifying a T-shirt
    If you have a tee shirt that is too big for you, you can do a bit of cutting and sewing to make it fit perfectly.

1) Find a shirt that fits you prfectly. This will be the guide.
    2) Find a table and lay the fitting shirt on top of the large shirt making sure they are both flat. Use the necks and shoulders to line them up and center. Fold the sleeves of the top (fitting shirt) in over it's torso.
    3)Cut the excess off of the sides of the large shirt about 1/4" from where the fitting shirt lies. Cut the excess off the bottom of the shirt about 1" from where the fitting shirt lies. (Note: I would recomend NOT cutting until after you have allready sewed it, that way you can see if it fits right. If you fucked it up, you can just take out the stiches and redue it, and then cut it later after you know you have it right how you want it. I would also not recomend using these margins, I would keep it as close to actual size as possible, if you do it right then you shouldn't need much extra to work with. the ideal size of the margin is dependant on your sewing ability and what you plan to sew on to the seems additionally, such as trim, sleeves, cuffs, collar, etc.)
    4) Sew up the sides of the shirt leaving an estimated amount of space for the sleeves. (i'd use the margins of the fitting sleeves as your basis for how wide you want the arm holes to be.) If you turn the shirt inside out when you sew, the stitching won't show when you wear it (and you can also mark it.) Note: unless you are skilled at sewing, the sides will most likely rip out, so you will have to sew them at least twice. Since doing it right is really tedious and time consuming, using a sewing machine works best and then you don't have to worry about it.
    5)hem the bottom of the shirt by folding the material on the bottom inside and and sewing them togther where they meet. I'd recomend using pins to hold it in palce so you can get a straight line on the bottom. don't sew it too tightly so it doesn't bunch up.

6)Lay the sleevs of the fitting shirt over the sleeves of the large shirt. cut around the edges of the sleeve leaving the proper amount of space. lift up the fitting sleeve and cut the large sleeve where it meets the torso of the fitting sleev. you should leave a little extra room on this one for when you reattach it.
    7) sew the edges of the sleeves togther to make a tube.

8)line up the seems of the sleeves with the seems of the torso. pinch the edges togther so that they are flat up against each other and pin them in place all around.
    9) sew the sleeves onto the torso, making sure to strengthen high stress areas like the arm pits. check for any holes that might have not been sewn and sew them up.

10) repeat these same sleeve instructions for sewing on any additional material such as trim, cuffs, collar, etc

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

actually the second picture should look like this:

note: for the sleeves, the seems should match up evenly at the arm holes, NOT as they did in the original centered position for the side matches.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

The most you can possibly shrink it 2%, and that's if it wasn't already preshrunk, you could use duct tape, every factory's got some

...to get shit out of fabric, you'll probably need a pre-wash stain remover... and pre-soaking in detergent probably wouldn't hurt either...

...I should read this thread first before I post, shouldn't I?

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    haha,second time i've asked about making a jacket work ..

i've asked everybody how to shrink this basterd,but i hasn't really worked...

i've lost a lot of weight and some muscle over the last year or two(not that i had ANY to spare,but that's how shit happens when you run out of bread& pastries,haha)

and my only good jacket doesn't fit...and it's cold as ....well it's really fucking cold (working in a factory with no real heat)

it's 65% poly-35% cotton...

i've tried washing it(first time ever ) a few times,but it didn't really help..

Any majic tips you people would know?(since some of you actually do more than O-ccasionally wash your cloths,like me,haha)

I'm cold,
    K.K....
    Well it is kind of expensive, but you can go and get it altered at any dry cleaner, OR meet some nice girl who will alter it for free!!!! Otherwise, just get a new one...

+ Reply to Thread