+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demons

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Default Demons

I'm just cuiours to here everyone's perspective. what do you think demons look like? are they vile hideous creatures? or devious, clean, & misleading creatures? accourding to the bible demons were 1/3 of the angels god created. (originally sent to inhabit the earth before it's 7 day creation, they left earth in rebellion with lucifer, & then were cast back to earth) so do you think a demon would have the same apperance as an angel? please share your thoughts.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: Demons

depends on the demon some could be permanently disfigured monsters whose pourpose is to create fear and chaos and some could be the most beautiful things in existence with far more devious and sinister purposes and some are probably in the middle i dont really believe in angels per se i thing angels could be a minifestation of good in people and demons evil but thats just another take on it

Demons take the form of whatever your subconcious desires them to resemble.

Example:

A Demon that entered here through Europe might be Red with goat horns, and hooves,etc. , while a Demon that entered through India would resemble a humanoid Tiger.

Some type of stuff like that.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Hm. I don't believe in demons. I think you're taking it too litterally, to me the bible is a metaphor about humanities personal struggle with living. God is everything that is good and beautfiul, in short, god is life, which we all know that there is more to living then just being biologically "alive". likewise the devil is the person that all of us could be, a perversion to our god insticts, he really is the deciever. no you're not going to end up in a fiery pitt getting poked with a pitchfork, but you will be TEMPTED to be lazy, to cheat, to not live life to the fullest and abandon true importance for a quick fix. so I guess to me a demon would be anything that gets you down or holds you back, anger, addiction, abuse, deppression those are the demons of the real world.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

but I guess mythologically speaking, I do think that the demons of the eastern world were pretty rad artistically, they had feiry eyes and fangs and pointy ears and devoured human flesh and wore necklaces out of bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    but I guess mythologically speaking, I do think that the demons of the eastern world were pretty rad artistically, they had feiry eyes and fangs and pointy ears and devoured human flesh and wore necklaces out of bones.
    If they did, thats because of the influences of the beliefs of the people.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Take a good long look into the mirror, because we are all demons in one way or another

hewhoisagod's Avatar Captain Obvious

Anything is capable of evil, does it make it demonic? don't think so. If demons were around now, they'd probably be something subtle. Probably just a regular human being.

Oh and the book of Enoch is the one that talks about angels and demons. Demons are nowhere in the Bible, Satan is only mentioned in Job and even then he's a member of God's court.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Hm. I don't believe in demons. I think you're taking it too litterally, to me the bible is a metaphor about humanities personal struggle with living. God is everything that is good and beautfiul, in short, god is life, which we all know that there is more to living then just being biologically "alive". likewise the devil is the person that all of us could be, a perversion to our god insticts, he really is the deciever. no you're not going to end up in a fiery pitt getting poked with a pitchfork, but you will be TEMPTED to be lazy, to cheat, to not live life to the fullest and abandon true importance for a quick fix. so I guess to me a demon would be anything that gets you down or holds you back, anger, addiction, abuse, deppression those are the demons of the real world.
    i agree with you. god that took alot for me to admit

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

My two brothers...

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

No offense to your other posts, but this one is the best. Literalism is another scourge of the damn (literal biblical interpretations included)

OEC

I tend to think of demons as those aspects of the subconscious that subtly coax us to behaviors born of fear; fear of success, pettiness, addiction/compulsions, codependancy, compromise of dreams for security, etc.

A head full of fear keeps one from living a truly dynamic life. Obvious, but always merits restating, especially since the most crippling fears are often the trivial ones that barely constrain us. It's like an "almost picked" lock, though...unless you get it open, the lock's working just as well as if you didn't know how to pick locks at all.

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Read the lesser keys of solomon, It gives you a pretty detailed description on how these demons appear and what they look like.

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

were would I find these lesser Keys of Solomon?

the_plague's Avatar Satanic Guitar

demons are spiritual beings..they have no bodies to speak of. in the same way angels work. they can influence, or possess (in rare cases). but that is the closest they can come to experiencing the physical world as we know it. they are quite jealous of us as humans because we are made in the image of god and they are not..this annoys them to no end.

the keys of solomon are to be found in the lemegetton. wanna play with the big boys? try the necronomicon....i have been into black magic since the dawn of time...

without a knowledge of GOD, you will never understand HELL. they are NOT mutually exclusive.

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

Quote Originally Posted by the_plague
    wanna play with the big boys? try the necronomicon....i have been into black magic since the dawn of time...
    Ummm the Necronomicon has nothing to do with "black magic" it's a record of the dead. (& nothing more) anyone who think otherwise is a fool & if you picked up that fake magic book they sell at book retailers called the Necronomicon you are even a bigger fool. (if you took it seriously)

EDIT:My second statement is not needed & would probably be ignored/rejected anyway.

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by the_plague
    the keys of solomon are to be found in the lemegetton. wanna play with the big boys? try the necronomicon....i have been into black magic since the dawn of time...

this is the funniest thing i have ever read on here.

demons look exactly like forty-four year old televangelists. nice hair, nice suit, nice smile, a clean shell of humanity over a core of shit-stenching decay and filth. their bible is the finance section of the newspaper. their evil minions walk on two legs these days, and can be summoned by the phrase "i'm gonna sue your ass!"

like i said, they can possess a body. it's just not their own.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Take a good long look into the mirror, because we are all demons in one way or another

Hehe, ya know, that is exactly the kinda thinking that gets people in trouble. Kind of tied in with OEC's morality quiz thread and Morning Glory's comment from this one... If we truly think that (as the Bible says) we are born with some weird mark called Original Sin or that we are all demons, it makes it much easier to shrug our shoulders and become morally relativistic.

Just as an example, the Bible-thumping masses would say that Blue Blood is immoral. To that, you would answer "Yes, it is immoral and I am going to be immoral cause humans are a demonic scourge anyway" or even "Well, what you see as immoral is not the same as what I see as immoral, but both are okay."

Neither answer is good enough. Objectively, it is pretty much impossible to say that Blue Blood and everything it entails is immoral. The rest is just some pseudo-Catholic, Dark Age guilt being shoved down our throats, as is the idea that humans are nothing more than freaky little demons with no higher purpose than our basic needs twirling around in an irrational world.
    Last edited by tinstar; 02-28-2005 at 08:30 AM. Reason: no paragrphs

+ Reply to Thread