+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I Love John Galliano

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

Default I Love John Galliano

I was just reading a body image/political blog and came across this link for John Galliano's ready to wear line. Generally I pay little attention to high fashion but I'm very impressed with his line and his use of models. Look here and view the slideshow. Here is another good review and article.

Given that generally in fashion (in general) is geared towards, and shown by human hangers (the words of designers not mine) what do you think about Galliano using such a ranch of people for his clothing?

Personally I think that his flying in the face of what's expected and the norm is pretty fucking cool. From the cabaret type themed make up to the beautiful clothing and models. I am overall pretty impressed.

Call it a big old dream but I'd love to see this kind of thing as the norm rather than it tipping into the bizarre. It always makes me happy when people who are in roles to set a precedent go outside the box.

That kinda made my night.

Default Re: I Love John Galliano

this one is great

Mother Superior

Galliano is such a chameleon himself. He understands the uniqueness of every type of beauty and revels in it.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

I am lost.. the only fashion i pay attention to is... well , my own, and I like it...

Mother Superior

You make a good point Bondage Clown, at that is: Wear whatever YOU want to.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

im not really into white chicks with black satin over their faces wearing a large crucifix, but to each his own, I guess.

Mother Superior

I meant the dress not the accoutrements.

Flip's Avatar Tea Drinker

id totally wear this

on the right of course :|

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Is that a m-mm-m-m-mMIDGET I see... WOOO HOOOO

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Flip
    id totally wear this

on the right of course :|
    The dress or the suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    The dress or the suit?
    i knew someone would try to be smart :P

thats why i put

"on the right of course :|"

so :P

Mother Superior

i knew someone would try to be smart :P

thats why i put

"on the right of course :|"

so :P
    Hahahaaha.... You just knew I'd have to be the one!

Hahahaaha.... You just knew I'd have to be the one!

yep

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I wasn't really talking mainly about the clothing itself.

Rather the show itself. His choice of extremely non-traditional models. The diversity of beauty he drew from and featured.

So uh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Nudemuse
    I wasn't really talking mainly about the clothing itself.

Rather the show itself. His choice of extremely non-traditional models. The diversity of beauty he drew from and featured.

So uh yeah.
    id still wear that :|

HempKnight's Avatar Large Member

id still wear that :|
    Yeah... but then again... no one has
    accused you of being all that brilliant
    to begin with.

Of course any country that still thinks
    Gary Glitter and Cliff Richards are
    rock gods... explains alot right there.

Mother Superior

Yes, it's a good thing to show diversity. We are not all from uniformed cookie cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by HempKnight
    Yeah... but then again... no one has
    accused you of being all that brilliant
    to begin with.

Of course any country that still thinks
    Gary Glitter and Cliff Richards are
    rock gods... explains alot right there.
    i think you will find a majority of people wanted gary glitter to face the firing squad.

Mother Superior

Flip's awake!

Flip's awake!
    ??

Mother Superior

*Buys you a t-shirt with "???" on it*. I meant you were posting therefore you must be awake right? You don't happen to suffer form AS (Aspergers) do you? I am being serious , not making fun.

Bedlamite

Woo! Galliano for Plus Sizes! Its about time!!!

*Buys you a t-shirt with "???" on it*. I meant you were posting therefore you must be awake right? You don't happen to suffer form AS (Aspergers) do you? I am being serious , not making fun.
    im not sure how to take that, i mean, how does staying up late indicate mild autism???

http://www.aspergers.com/aspclin.htm

Mother Superior

im not sure how to take that, i mean, how does staying up late indicate mild autism???

http://www.aspergers.com/aspclin.htm
    Einstein & Newton had Aspergers... I was asking because you always ask me what I mean... Wasn't trying to make a joke or be offensive and I said that. I apologize if you took it that way.

Myths About Aspergers Syndrome:

Aspergers Syndrome is “Mild Autism”…..There is nothing “mild” about autism. Aspergers is a neurobiological disorder which has a profound affect on basic life skills. Individuals with Aspergers struggle immensely to overcome their deficits. They must learn much of what others learn intuitively; what others learn without even trying. To the observer, Aspergers may *appear* milder than Classical Autism; however, for the individual living with the disorder, their struggles are not “mild”.

Aspergers is caused by poor parenting……Aspergers is not the result of the way one is brought up. Current research has determined that there is a genetic component. Parents of children with Aspergers often possess many Aspergerish traits. For example, a father may be perseverative and a mother display rigidity. The child diagnosed with Aspergers has the combination of traits from both parents that combine together to fit the Asperger diagnosis.

Those with Aspergers Syndrome are uncaring and rude and unable to empathize with others……Often, because of their inability to perceive other’s intentions and perspectives and their impaired capacity to read the unspoken gestures and nuances in everyday social communication, individuals with Aspergers do not respond or do not respond appropriately. This is not the result of not caring but rather the result of not responding to what they do not *see*. Communication is a two way street. We cannot expect someone to recognize, acknowledge and respond to that which they are unaware of.

Some people with Aspergers don’t make eye contact and ignore people…..It is true that some individuals with Aspergers make limited eye contact or their eye contact does not appear meaningful; however, this is not the result of making a choice to ignore someone but rather a result of an impaired “theory of mind”.

Behavior modification and punitive measures are appropriate techniques to use with individuals with Aspergers Syndrome…..When an individual with Aspergers displays inappropriate or “bad” behavior it is rarely the result of a willful choice on their part but more likely the result of their misperceptions in the social milieu or simply a reaction to sensory overloads. The most effective treatment is using positive measures accompanied by techniques aimed to increase the individuals awareness and understanding of their behaviors and the effects on those around them. Explanations should be concrete and logical and put in the context of how appropriate behaviors will benefit them personally.

People with Aspergers lack imagination…….People with Aspergers typically possess vivid, creative and unique imaginations. During play, the imagination of children with Aspergers is often devoid of imaginative expressions that would require taking another person’s perspective or point of view. For example, they might not *pretend* to be another person because that would require an ability to see things from that persons perspective. In this regard their expressions of imagination are not typical.

Individuals with Aspergers Syndrome have superior IQ scores……..Some people with Aspergers Syndrome have high IQ scores but many more have average IQ scores and struggle with learning disabilities.

erm.. well i ll still stress that i dont have aspergers, i simply didnt understand what you meant by "Flips awake!" cant remember what time i posted it, but the reason is i just dont sleep that much. i have a very mild OCD but thats about it.

Mother Superior

erm.. well i ll still stress that i dont have aspergers, i simply didnt understand what you meant by "Flips awake!" cant remember what time i posted it, but the reason is i just dont sleep that much. i have a very mild OCD but thats about it.
    As, I said... I saw you had posted for the first time of the day seemingly.... so , I said: Flip's awake! I don't get how that's hard to understand . We all make off the cuff jokes and statements on a daily basis , that aren't necessarily questioned as to what they mean. Even if you did have Aspergers, would it matter? I know 2 men that have it and they aren't any less human to me. I have Agoraphobia, among other issues. I already apologized... I can't do much more. Many men suffer from this and don't even realize it, that was my point, not to insult you. You made posts about thinking I was a guy, did I get offended? No. If you are going to say whatever comes to mind, be prepared for others to do the same. Responding to this anylonger for me is silly.

if anyone is getting worked up its you, im not necessarily offended by what you said, i just find it suprising that was the conclusion you came to. i apologise for questioning what you said, and im sorry you felt the need to apologise, it wasnt necessary as im not offended. so lets just chill and have a good time.

id still wear that suit :P

+ Reply to Thread