+ Reply to Thread

Thread: horrorpops.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default horrorpops.

anyone here heard of the horrorpops? there this really good rockabilly group but I havent been able to find any of their cd's or tshirts......anyone know where yo can find some stuff by them?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: horrorpops.

Sure, Dahlia even appears in one of their videos, Mistake I think is the song.

It may still be up on their site: http://horrorpops.com/

oh my goll! Is she one of the girls dancing or is she in the audience? I love that video. the cross eeyd girl really gets me. lol

She is the one in the audience with the big white flower in her hair, wearing stripes. And yeah, I enjoy the Horrorpops stuff, it's fun.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

she is the one with the gum,and the cool hair.(in the audience)...

and yea, there's a few "-billy types" here.....

KilLAtomik....
    Me....

and there's alot other that listen to rocka/psycho/whatever billy........

you can get there stuff at Machete.mfg.....i'll get a link.....

http://www.machetemfg.com/index.asp?...S&Category=528

and there was a big thread about -billy a while back(gotta search)....there's SOME cool stuff,it got kinda hectic. ......

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

aren't they on epitaph? that's a pretty major label so you should be able to find thier stuff at any store that sells cds.

um...last i checked, I thought they were on hellcat records...I know who youre talking bout now, I think,,,,,Is she the one the guy spits on and then gets glittered on?

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i like that kind of stuff sometimes esp when im drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    um...last i checked, I thought they were on hellcat records...I know who youre talking bout now, I think,,,,,Is she the one the guy spits on and then gets glittered on?

I don't think so, but I'd have to look again. A guy puts his arm around her and she removes it and takes off her 3-D glasses.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

im a big fan of the horrorpops and Hell cat is a label under Epitaph records i bought their "Hell Yeah" album at a local record shop but i think you can get it from www.Amazon.com, or www.interpunk.com i cant wait for the new one its suposed to come out at the end of summer i beleive

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    im a big fan of the horrorpops and Hell cat is a label under Epitaph records i bought their "Hell Yeah" album at a local record shop but i think you can get it from www.Amazon.com, or www.interpunk.com i cant wait for the new one its suposed to come out at the end of summer i beleive
    new one?,really....cool........

yeah the new Album titled "Bring It On" is comin out September 13th this year

devil13's Avatar Senior Diablo

seen them at Hootananny. they are great live. cant wait to hear the new stuff.

I know which one she is then! she's the one in the rubber(latex) top chewing the gum with the red hair. they feature her alot in that video! Goll! I wish you guys could get patricia to pose for yas! that would be hot. lol

I know which one she is then! she's the one in the rubber(latex) top chewing the gum with the red hair. they feature her alot in that video! Goll! I wish you guys could get patricia to pose for yas! that would be hot. lol
    i doubt that would happen but maybe Forrest and Amelia can do do a cover story on the band that would be awesome. They are situated in LA now i beleive

a man has to have his dreams right? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i doubt that would happen but maybe Forrest and Amelia can do do a cover story on the band that would be awesome. They are situated in LA now i beleive

Have you ever seen our rock portfolio?

No, Im frankly new to alot of the stuff yall do.

cant say i have ive only seen the stuff you guys have done with some artists in the Noise section of this site, ive also seen a few of the articles from the old site to

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I felt kind of bad that Epitaph emailed and snail mailed us repeatedly to do something with the Horrorpops and they would totally have been a good fit for us, but I sort of misplaced the CD and then they were in Sweden or some place like that and it never happened. We get so many CDs that sometimes ones I would like to listen to slip between the cracks.

Honestly, I'm a little bit over doing the rock thing though, unless it is a favor to a personal friend or the label really feels like paying top dollar for it. I've had more than six hundred pieces of rock journalism published, more if you count internet or self-published which I'm not and I don't even know how many band members Forrest and I have shot. I just sort of feel like creatively I've been there and done that. Every once in a while, someone is really inspiring and into doing something artistic and then I'm down for it, but it is rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Have you ever seen our rock portfolio?

You should post more of that or at least a list of bands you have shot members of. I know how huge your body of work is, but people don't just know how much you have done automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by incog
    You should post more of that or at least a list of bands you have shot members of. I know how huge your body of work is, but people don't just know how much you have done automatically.
    Yeah, I hear you. I wasn't trying to be snippy. Sorry if it came across that way. As you know, Amelia and I have shot a zillion really awesome bands, but I realize I don't always throw a parade about that stuff.

+ Reply to Thread