+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Documents linking Iran to nuclear weapons push may have been fabricated.

Default Documents linking Iran to nuclear weapons push may have been fabricated.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/IAEA_s..._for_1109.html
    The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has obtained evidence suggesting that documents which have been described as technical studies for a secret Iranian nuclear weapons-related research program may have been fabricated.

The documents in question were acquired by U.S. intelligence in 2004 from a still unknown source -- most of them in the form of electronic files allegedly stolen from a laptop computer belonging to an Iranian researcher. The US has based much of its push for sanctions against Iran on these documents.

The new evidence of possible fraud has increased pressure within the IAEA secretariat to distance the agency from the laptop documents, according to a Vienna-based diplomatic source close to the IAEA, who spoke to RAW STORY on condition of anonymity.

The laptop documents include what the IAEA has described in a published report as technical drawings of efforts to redesign the nosecone of the Iranian Shahab-3 ballistic missile “to accommodate a nuclear warhead.” The documents are also said to include studies on the use of a high explosive detonation system, drawings of a shaft apparently to be used for nuclear tests, and studies on a bench-scale uranium conversion facility.

These technical papers, along with some correspondence related to the alleged secret Iranian program -- referred to by the IAEA as “alleged studies” -- have been the primary basis during 2008 for the insistence by the US-led international coalition pushing for sanctions against Iran that the Iranian case must be kept going in the United Nations Security Council.
    Read more at the site

Default Re: Documents linking Iran to nuclear weapons push may have been fabricated.

wow, big suprise. I'm shocked something so egregious could have happened under the careful watch of this administration...

Vexbeast's Avatar Eat me, I'm nutritious.

Default Re: Documents linking Iran to nuclear weapons push may have been fabricated.

We act surprised now, right?

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

I can't believe you people are hung up on this when I have documents (a copy of a letter I wrote when I was 7) that prove Santa Claus doesn't perform anywher near expectations. I'm STILL waiting on that Power-Wheels!!!! SCANDAL!!!!

Nuke The North Pole!!!

How many average Americans actually read a story like this on news. How many ever hear about it?

I guess the folks from here are not regular Americans and response like that is expected.

How many of you actually try to open the eyes of those near them?

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    How many average Americans actually read a story like this on news. How many ever hear about it?

I guess the folks from here are not regular Americans and response like that is expected.

How many of you actually try to open the eyes of those near them?
    Most Americans are jaded about our government and also realize that most of the news we see on T.V., read in the newspaper, or read on the main news internet sites are biased towards a Democratic or Republican view. It's not that we don't see and read stories like this. It's just that we never have any fucking idea if any story is actually true or not. So, most of the time we joke about shit like this and are not surprised by any means because as Newman's son said with a straight face in "The Road to Perdition".."It's all so fucking hilarious."

+ Reply to Thread