+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is there a way to get healed or fixe the damage?

Default Is there a way to get healed or fixe the damage?

Even though it was a passing glare, my grandmother tried to blind me with an intensely bright mirror. When she accidentally moved the mirror, it burned a whole right through the seat of the car. I am worried that this will affect my eyes permanantly, because.... If it did major damage like that and it was barely on the seat for a fraction for a second when it hit the car. So imagine what it did to my eye if she held it there for more time, even though I still blocked it and turned away. It hurts and burns constantly in my right eye, and I am very scared.

Is there a way to fix the damage, etc?
    The only real way I know of fixing that would be to clone my eyes and do a transplant of some sort, but that would not be a feasible option currently.

any advice or suggestions? I am very worried.
    My grandmother said she did that and would love to have me blind so I would get some checks or benefits from disability, and my father tries similar stuff.

I would leave, but I have no place to goto that I can get to

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Is there a way to get healed or fixe the damage?

That is seriously fucked. Get a job. Even if it is just Burger King or something and move out as soon as you possibly can.

If they have a free clinic where you are, you should probably have your eye looked at, but lasik or something may be doable even years from now, if there was any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    That is seriously fucked. Get a job. Even if it is just Burger King or something and move out as soon as you possibly can.

If they have a free clinic where you are, you should probably have your eye looked at, but lasik or something may be doable even years from now, if there was any damage.
    I have been doing that. I currently have around 50$ saved up, since it is difficult to hide my money from them as they constantly search my room for money, etc. I would have moved out years ago, but each time I find a place to goto , a problem occurs with the people or place Im supposed to goto. Example: My friends were on their way from NY to pick me up two years ago, and had ended up getting arrested in florida, when they werent even an hour away. THEY WERE IN THE SAME TOWN . My other friend got sent to a ward by her parents who did similar stuff to her, since she was going to tell on them. My other friend had to join the marines, just as she was going to pick me up to find a place. some of the other friends had problems with family or relationships, and one of my other friends was going to help me, but then their boyfriend said they would get her kicked out of her place if she did. and some of my other friends had no room in their places , etc. Still though, I have been ,and still am trying to get out of here.

If Im still alive in a few months, Im just walking out and hitch-hiking, even though I have no place to goto

Here is my Live Journal, where you all are welcome to read more about the stuff they do to me if you like. I feel like I need to let people know:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/novabrightstar/

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Wow...pretty messed up.

You have options though and saving cash is not that hard since you're over 18. Get a job...any job like Amelia suggested. Even if you can't keep it you can use your checks to open up a bank account. From there on you can deposit whatever cash you score and no one besides yourself can touch it.

Now I'm not one to hold kin in high regard so I know what you're going through...and their is legal action you can take. It's not pretty mind you but if things really are as bad as you've described...you may want to look into them.

A friend of mine had a pretty sadistic grandmother...hated the fact he was gay and really made his life hell. She ended up going too far one time though...by the time he was done not only was she put in a shithole retirement home but her whole life savings was in his pocket. Now I'm not saying you should go quite as far...but remember your strengths and never be afraid to use them.

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

sounds like a shitty situation. i wish i could do something to help, but that would preclude you getting to england somehow.

is there no way you can get some kind of bank account? in the uk there are things like post office accounts where you have a book rather than statements, or if you got a bank account you could probably explain the situation to the clerk and they will keep your mail at the branch for you. that way your family don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Wow...pretty messed up.

You have options though and saving cash is not that hard since you're over 18. Get a job...any job like Amelia suggested. Even if you can't keep it you can use your checks to open up a bank account. From there on you can deposit whatever cash you score and no one besides yourself can touch it.

Now I'm not one to hold kin in high regard so I know what you're going through...and their is legal action you can take. It's not pretty mind you but if things really are as bad as you've described...you may want to look into them.

A friend of mine had a pretty sadistic grandmother...hated the fact he was gay and really made his life hell. She ended up going too far one time though...by the time he was done not only was she put in a shithole retirement home but her whole life savings was in his pocket. Now I'm not saying you should go quite as far...but remember your strengths and never be afraid to use them.
    I am still applying for jobs constantly. I am applying for any job, and am trying anywhere that will hire me. The most recent place was PopEyes Chicken, but They moved me from full time to part time, then to back up, to removing me altogether...and they didnt even get the uniform for me yet. Every time I had showed up for work, they would send me home saying they didnt need me at the time. Lehigh sucks for employment, but I am still working at trying.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by vixta
    sounds like a shitty situation. i wish i could do something to help, but that would preclude you getting to england somehow.

is there no way you can get some kind of bank account? in the uk there are things like post office accounts where you have a book rather than statements, or if you got a bank account you could probably explain the situation to the clerk and they will keep your mail at the branch for you. that way your family don't need to know.
    Good point forgot that detail...get a P.O. Box and start using that as your address for mail.

Also you could do a hitch in the Reserves...or if you got the sea legs do a stint in the coast guard. It's not as extreme as it may sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Good point forgot that detail...get a P.O. Box and start using that as your address for mail.

Also you could do a hitch in the Reserves...or if you got the sea legs do a stint in the coast guard. It's not as extreme as it may sound.
    If Im not out of here in a few months, I might have nor real choice, except wandering aimlessly. I am planning to leave in December if I have not been able to get out before then, regardless of whethere I have a place to goto or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    If Im not out of here in a few months, I might have nor real choice, except wandering aimlessly. I am planning to leave in December if I have not been able to get out before then, regardless of whethere I have a place to goto or not.
    Still though, I would really rather not wander around aimlessly, since that probably cant be that good of an idea...and I know it may be a next to last resort, but I really dont want to join the Military

EvilNun's Avatar Senior Member

Well considering the situation you are in, anywhere is better then there right?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNun
    Well considering the situation you are in, anywhere is better then there right?
    Probably, although stuff can always get worse....but can always get better as well

if you do join the military BrightSatr, dont forget to take your digitalcamera...just in case you see any beheading. I would really love some pix.-thanx-

Quote Originally Posted by suicide doll
    if you do join the military BrightSatr, dont forget to take your digitalcamera...just in case you see any beheading. I would really love some pix.-thanx-
    Although my Camera isnt Digital, I will bring my other two cameras

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Probably, although stuff can always get worse....but can always get better as well
    It sounds like showering at the Y and wandering around a mall during the day and sleeping in a $200 car before the day gets too warm would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by vixta

I would love to stay with you if I could save the money to get there, but I have no clue on what to do for getting PassPorts or stuff. Maybe you could help me, and I could work on Saving some money to get to you there.

( I just had my first meal in two days, and out of a dog dish... Even though I washed out the dish, it is still degrading to have to eat from a dog bowl...)

It would help if somebody would actually hire me in this stupid town, but they are mainly seeking : Doctors, Lawyers, Chefs, and Police Officers

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    It sounds like showering at the Y and wandering around a mall during the day and sleeping in a $200 car before the day gets too warm would be an improvement.
    No kidding...I'd follow the old advice of "Go West Young Man"...at least the weather is better.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I would love to stay with you if I could save the money to get there, but I have no clue on what to do for getting PassPorts or stuff. Maybe you could help me, and I could work on Saving some money to get to you there.

( I just had my first meal in two days, and out of a dog dish... Even though I washed out the dish, it is still degrading to have to eat from a dog bowl...)

It would help if somebody would actually hire me in this stupid town, but they are mainly seeking : Doctors, Lawyers, Chefs, and Police Officers
    Become a Cop. You'd get a cool car no one will fuck with and a gun. Plus a hat...and a shiny badge.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

At 19, you do have options. You can get a bank account accessible to just you. You can apply to college and get financial aid (which I am doing without anyone's help). You have online access and can look up and apply to various places. In any case, everyone is offering good ideas for just getting out of the abusive environment and becoming independent. Also, maybe there is some sort of social services place that can help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    At 19, you do have options. You can get a bank account accessible to just you. You can apply to college and get financial aid (which I am doing without anyone's help). You have online access and can look up and apply to various places. In any case, everyone is offering good ideas for just getting out of the abusive environment and becoming independent. Also, maybe there is some sort of social services place that can help you out?
    Thanks to "Financial Aid" I owe at least 20,000 $ for college courses that I cant even use, and they didnt even let me decide the courses I wanted.

Example: They gave me Psychology courses when I tried selecting Photography.

As for the Bank accounts type thing, I have tried that before. I had over 1000 $ in my savings account before my father and grandmother took my account. They took me to the bank, and my father acted all nice to the people there as a show, but was like, " Sign this or you will be sorry!" when they were not in the room

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I don't know what to tell ya... I wouldn't have signed that thing even if a gun was held to my head. But I'm a stubborn bitch though... sorry about the financial aid. I owe $17,500 and I'm just getting started again with school. My partner will owe $80,000 when he's done.

I would try to get in touch with social services though. I can't believe there is absolutely no options at all.

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Best suggestion I have is, since you live in Florida, I know there must be a naval base nearby somewhere. GET YOUR ASS IN THE SERVICE ASAP! Then you will be away from your horrid family, will have a job, and will be able to show your family that you ARE somebdy. Whatever you have to do, do it now!! I sense a Lizzy Borden type situation developing, and due, trust me, you DO NOT want to be in prison.

Plex_Inphiniti's Avatar Junior Member

Brightstar... What you need to do is stop focusing on all the crap in your situation and focus on what you need to do to resolve it. You apparently have no idea what power you have to change your own life which is common for people in demeaning situations. But you HAVE to pick yourself, dust yourself off, say 'fuck you' to your current life and build another. You don't need to wait for a friend to help out. You don't need anyone to rescue you. Rescuing yourself will be the best thing you can do here and you will have a newfound respect and pride for yourself. Perhaps you don't know how well you can have it. You CAN live an independant life. It is possible. I don't mean to be harsh, but perhaps spending the time sharing all the crap they do to you isn't the best use of time. Maybe focusing on "escape plans" would be more useful. Breaking out of tyrannical situations is the best thing. Rise against the establishment. Prove to them, that you are a human being, with the survival instincts, and courage to forge a new life for youself. This will hurt them the most. They will lose their ragdoll to kick around. You can do it! I look forward to seeing your proposed escape plans posted here. (Note: I know I sound like a sunny motivational speaker with a bad combover in this post, but I'm not.)

I appreciate everybody's advice, and I am taking their advice. Even though the progress is sloooooooooooow, I am still making progress. I now have 70$ saved up, which is a lot better than before. I am still seeking employment and all that other stuff, even though nobody in town is hiring.

Bizarre Star's Avatar Member

I say take the 70 bucks, and a bike if you have one, or buy one at a yard sale ro something dirt cheap. Jump on the bike and pedal far away from the town your in. Im in Florida too. I cant imagine nobody will hire you, but hey.....You get to the nexttown, or a few towns over on your bike, find a post office, get a post office box, cheapest they have. Then find a bank, get an account with your new address deposit the rest of the 70 bucks except for like 10 bucks or less. Find the nearest homeless shelter. EVERY TOWN HAS ONE or more. If you need help finding on, go to a pay phone and look it up in the yellow pages. They may even be able to come pick you up instead of having to pedal there. Once you rest and eat, clean up and start looking for a job in the new town, new address. After a few weeks youll have at least a few hundred bucks. As soon as you get paid deposit the money so not to be lost or stolen or spent on impulse. Also apply for medicaid and foodstamps....all they can say is no right? As for jobs, Try Wendy's.....Fast food hires anyone, and wendys pays the most hourly of all fast food restraunts usually. My husband is a wendy manager, and I worked there when I was a teen....easy work, semi decent money and free food. While your waiting to get hired somewhere, ride your bike to the nearest day labor...and make soem cash day by day. Make sure to deposit all your money into your bank account everytime, except what little bit you need to survive off of. Also start looking through papers, or talking to new people you meet and befriend, for people looking for roomates. Becoming a roomate is yoru best bet, so you onlyhave to pay half of the bills, and you dont have tohave a huge move in fee, and connection costs of utilities. That is unless you can find like goverment help to getyou into housing, but I think A roomate owuld be faster, easier and better in the long run. This is just a few things to get you on the path to freedom. It wont be easy, youw ill get tired, and feel depressed even maybe, but you will be ok, and you will be so happyw hen you finally acheive freedom! Good Luck!

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre Star
    I say take the 70 bucks, and a bike if you have one, or buy one at a yard sale ro something dirt cheap. Jump on the bike and pedal far away from the town your in. Im in Florida too. I cant imagine nobody will hire you, but hey.....You get to the nexttown, or a few towns over on your bike, find a post office, get a post office box, cheapest they have. Then find a bank, get an account with your new address deposit the rest of the 70 bucks except for like 10 bucks or less. Find the nearest homeless shelter. EVERY TOWN HAS ONE or more. If you need help finding on, go to a pay phone and look it up in the yellow pages. They may even be able to come pick you up instead of having to pedal there. Once you rest and eat, clean up and start looking for a job in the new town, new address. After a few weeks youll have at least a few hundred bucks. As soon as you get paid deposit the money so not to be lost or stolen or spent on impulse. Also apply for medicaid and foodstamps....all they can say is no right? As for jobs, Try Wendy's.....Fast food hires anyone, and wendys pays the most hourly of all fast food restraunts usually. My husband is a wendy manager, and I worked there when I was a teen....easy work, semi decent money and free food. While your waiting to get hired somewhere, ride your bike to the nearest day labor...and make soem cash day by day. Make sure to deposit all your money into your bank account everytime, except what little bit you need to survive off of. Also start looking through papers, or talking to new people you meet and befriend, for people looking for roomates. Becoming a roomate is yoru best bet, so you onlyhave to pay half of the bills, and you dont have tohave a huge move in fee, and connection costs of utilities. That is unless you can find like goverment help to getyou into housing, but I think A roomate owuld be faster, easier and better in the long run. This is just a few things to get you on the path to freedom. It wont be easy, youw ill get tired, and feel depressed even maybe, but you will be ok, and you will be so happyw hen you finally acheive freedom! Good Luck!

That's the best advice you have received. What are you gonna do?

All the money that was mentioned at the start of the post has been gone for months. **

And Wow is this thread old? **

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

It may be old, but I tend to agree with Koolagh. Join the navy or something...
    I am not a fan of the military, but compared to your current situation,
    that is the best bet. Just see what it is like living a different kind of life.
    Once you leave, you will never come back.
    In the military, they pay for all your food, shelter, and clothing.
    So you get to save all your pay.
    So when you get out in 4 years, you can have the $ to start a new life...

I know it's hard to get a job, save money, move out, etc...

But seriously, if you are 18, join the service...
    Or the peace corps.

Mother Superior

LOL... I really need to read the dates on threads!

+ Reply to Thread