+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Woman may need rabies shots after biting dog

and your little dog too

Default Woman may need rabies shots after biting dog

from usa today

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Amy Rice feared for her dog's life when a pit bull jumped over a fence into her yard and attacked him. So she took matters into her own mouth.

Rice says she bit the pit bull on the nose Friday after trying to pull the dog's jaws off her Labrador retriever, Ella. The dog had jumped a fence to get into Rice's northeast Minneapolis yard, and Rice says she feared the pit bull would kill Ella.

Rice says she drew blood when she bit the dog, and her doctor will have to determine whether she should get shots for rabies.

The pit bull was quarantined. Ella is recovering with staples and stitches to her head and a crushed ear canal.

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

Default Re: Woman may need rabies shots after biting dog

...and what about the poor pit bull I ask? does anyone care if it caught rabies or vampirism from Amy "Anne" Rice? There seems to be a forgotten victim here.

Default Re: Woman may need rabies shots after biting dog

Go Amy! I dont necessarily agree with her actions....but I do have to give her a hand... that took some serious balls to do what she did.

Dogs are particularily sensitive on the nose and ears. The momma dog will train her pups by biting them on the ears and sometimes on the nose if the offense is deemed bad enough.

People have about 5 million scent receptors and dogs have around 220 million!!!

+ Reply to Thread