+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me Atlanta people!

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Help me Atlanta people!

Hi guys,I know it's been a while since I've posted anything here,so I hate to ask for favors,but this is kind of important..

I'm going to Atlanta (Georgia,if you wondered),for the first time w/ 2 close girlfriends of mine..one has never been and the other who has doesn't really know much about the scene up there... So I'm sort of looking for a kind-hearted soul,who knows the area well who would be willing to play tourguide for 3 super nice,pretty young vixens hehe Well,maybe not all of that,but super-nice definetly..

We are planning on heading up there the 29th of this month to check out Dj Prognosis @ The Secret Room... if anyone is already planning on going that would be great,pm me and let me know.

I just thought it would be nice to have a friend up there,so we don't get lost or end up w/ very limited options because we don't know what else there is or how to get there...also would be nice if someone could steer us clear of bad areas.

If it's not possible for anyone to meet us up there that weekend,atleast any advice or tips anyone might have would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance,
    Jess

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: Help me Atlanta people!

Fuck.

I Just Moved Away From There>

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

I live just south of Atlanta, I have not been there in while. I give out some pointer where to go...

Little 5 points, and junksman daughter is good place show around. It has turn a little more yuppy as of later but still a good place to go. Tyr is going to be my Masquerade the 29th. Its Viking lore metal band.... Virginia Highlands, show great shops...Dark Horse Tavern, Highland down the tap great place eat and drink. If you want to do the more general stuff, Home depot fish tank would be good.

I hate to say I am not that hip as i need to be...its rather hard fine others around that like industrial at least where I am at.

Theres nothing good at the Masquerade lately, until Scandy comes by in the next few months (Combichrist's Andy DJ/Side projekt)..um,...theres little 5 points which has some shopping.

Havent been there in a few months so I cant remember...and i only live like 25 miles from it lol..

I'd come meet you up there but at the time youll be there, ill be in North Carolina for a few days. Else id hang with ya.

Oh..and if for some chance you end up out of ATL and head into Norcross (85 North), STAY AWAY FROM EXIT 109 AREA! It's Norcross and fucking ghetto.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by VoldtaEngler
    Oh..and if for some chance you end up out of ATL and head into Norcross (85 North), STAY AWAY FROM EXIT 109 AREA! It's Norcross and fucking ghetto.
    HEY!

I resemble that remark....

Well, past tense.

you as that for most of ATL...... there is old joke about 285 and driving around... and Not going to say it... but some might know what i am talking about

I live just south of Atlanta, I have not been there in while. I give out some pointer where to go...

Little 5 points, and junksman daughter is good place show around. It has turn a little more yuppy as of later but still a good place to go. Tyr is going to be my Masquerade the 29th. Its Viking lore metal band.... Virginia Highlands, show great shops...Dark Horse Tavern, Highland down the tap great place eat and drink. If you want to do the more general stuff, Home depot fish tank would be good.

I hate to say I am not that hip as i need to be...its rather hard fine others around that like industrial at least where I am at.
    Yeh,planned at check out Little 5 Points and JMD as I've heard alot of good things from a few people around Macon,not that I will have any friggin' money to spend lol

And not sure I'm too keen on viking lore metal..not really into metal or viking lore as a rule,that's more my husband's bag,thanks though =)

The Dj that is supposed to play at the secret room the night we're going sounds pretty industrial though,I checked out his ******* hehe I'm just kinda nervous it's gonna be a sleezy place,I've never been to a fetish club before but I imagine there are good ones and not so great ones,just like everywhere else. I'm just hoping this is the former or I'm gonna be SOL

Thanks again for the advice though

You too Voldta and I will be sure to stay away from the sinister Exit 109 =)

Been to Atlanta a couple times now. Make sure you use google maps and back it up with the satellite view.

A friend and I used mapquest and got directions to an off ramp that did not exist. Then we had to drive around the bad areas for half an hour before finally finding the club.

When the chamber was open, I went there a few time. I rather like it, people where always nice, good atmospheres. They had a great mix of music, a little everything. That is true velvet-tongue, but a lot of atlanta has turn very yuppy. Myself I am looking for a good club like....

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Been to Atlanta a couple times now. Make sure you use google maps and back it up with the satellite view.

A friend and I used mapquest and got directions to an off ramp that did not exist. Then we had to drive around the bad areas for half an hour before finally finding the club.
    That's going to be even more difficult now..since most of ATL downtown is under heavy construction and on top of that the highways with about 70% of all ramps are under construction..at the same time.
    News said it's going to be rough until aroundabout next Nov.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue

That's going to be even more difficult now..since most of ATL downtown is under heavy construction and on top of that the highways with about 70% of all ramps are under construction..at the same time.
    News said it's going to be rough until aroundabout next Nov.
    Ack! Now I'm scared...please someone! Meet us there and help us! You don't want to be responsible for 3 nice girls getting lost and r*ped/murdered do you?? Have a heart! *sobs!*

Aw, you know i'd help you around if I was going to be here then..but i'm taking my mom to the Smokey mountains for her birthday present..so I can't....but I wouldnt worry too much about your stay DM. Everytime i've been there there have always 95% of the time been like a cop patrolling all of the downtown area, so they are all within earshot :^)

Have you tried any of the Atlanta Goth livejournal sites? There are always people who im sure would be more than willing to help show you ladies around. They helped me when I first moved here, and everybody has been really nice to me so far :^)

+ Reply to Thread