+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gullible or skeptical???

Scar's Avatar Senior Member

Default Gullible or skeptical???

Do you fall for bull shit?

I think all of us tend to lean towards being gullible or being skeptical. Which do you lean towards?

When I first meet a person I sometimes give the the benefit of the doubt, trusting their stories as true or at least embellishments of true stories (unless they are obviously full of crap). If their claims are too outlandish I sometimes dig deeper to find out if they are in fact accurate. I find people to be either truthful or not, some people have a tendancy to exaggerate and fabricate, and those folks are usually prone to doing it all the time. soooooooo... I'd say I lean towards being gullible, but I do investigate any proposterous claims......

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Gullible or skeptical???

I like a good story personally. Unless its veracity has some sort of personal or social significance, I won't really care. Generally speaking, it wouldn't be someone I'd associate with beyond everyday pleasantries obviously.

Jackie T

Bedlamite

Yeah... Im a bit like Jackie... I love a good story...

Now I'm alot of a skeptic... but honeslty I end up seeming gullible because I'm a bit distractable, literal, and eccentric. I have a strong tendancy to take people utterly at their word if they seem, for all intents and purposes, serious.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

I usualy see it for what it is and can appreiate a true master, but in my life it really has no effect whether I fall for it or not

Superna's Avatar Senior Member

i would fall for bullshit.....

but i can read minds

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

it depends on the situation, really... I guess I am niether....

helcyon's Avatar i am no one

This seems like a difficult question to understand...... are you
    1. sort of focussing on the pork-pies people may tell and ask you to accept as true at various levels of effectiveness? in which case everyone has their gullibility level I guess... especially if it's something we really want to believe... e.g. I'm going to put up with Nicole Kidman being cast as a brain surgeon in Days of Thunder... in case I get a sore brain I need to believe that something that glamourous and skimpy is going to be tending at me so I'm quite able to suspend reality and common sense even though I intellectually know what's clearly going on... appalling miscasting with a sham real-life marriage to a pretend-he's-not-gay hollywood icon (I like him as an actor tho... probably cos he's unpopular))
    2. A scientifically controlled constant measurable level of bullshit applied to various people hooked up to a gullibilimeter. Now I don't even understand the answer let alone the question.... do you believe me?..... really?..... or are you having twinges of doubt?.... no no I'm telling the truth ... really!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I have fallen for some tricks (usually pulled by my wife) but most of the time, I don't fall for tricks. If someone tries to scare me, I usually hide any surprise I may show.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar
    Do you fall for bull shit?

I think all of us tend to lean towards being gullible or being skeptical. Which do you lean towards?

When I first meet a person I sometimes give the the benefit of the doubt, trusting their stories as true or at least embellishments of true stories (unless they are obviously full of crap). If their claims are too outlandish I sometimes dig deeper to find out if they are in fact accurate. I find people to be either truthful or not, some people have a tendancy to exaggerate and fabricate, and those folks are usually prone to doing it all the time. soooooooo... I'd say I lean towards being gullible, but I do investigate any proposterous claims......
    once we tok a guy that owned us lot's of money and binded him with the rope around his legs and lowered down the bridge enough long that his shoulders were directly above the water in upside down position... he needed to twitch all night in way to breathe... good excersize I say and we got our money on the end.... anyway that's now in my not so bright past...

so... what do you make of this story? do I exaggerate?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Spiral Dancer
    I have fallen for some tricks (usually pulled by my wife) but most of the time, I don't fall for tricks. If someone tries to scare me, I usually hide any surprise I may show.
    old gipsy saying says: If devil can't get time to do the job he'll send your wife

P I L O T's Avatar Senior Member

I personally feel as those I am pretty good at reading people,..
    personally (and I dont mean to get repeatitious) but I am an extremely honest person ,.. so when so lies to me,.. I felt or sense that alien / unfamiliar feeling of the lie which tends to make me uneasy atthat point I immediately cut the bull shit or phase out leave walk away take a break from the conversation till I can think of a way to stomp their bull shit with a question or whatever ...

no one cares blah blah blah :] :\

+ Reply to Thread