+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My favorite photo lights broke

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default My favorite photo lights broke

So Forrest and I were doing a shoot the night before last. We were shooting two girls and there was a lot of equipment. Everyone was really tired for a variety of individual reasons. One person just flew into town, one person passed out from Absinth the night before, one person was up all night on a project, and one person was woken up by a barking dog.

So a water fell on my favorite lighting setup and shorted it out. If this is fixable, it probably won't be this time of year and replacing them is expensive. Bleah.

Default Re: My favorite photo lights broke

Possibly, but I think that depends on exactly what piece of the light was broken.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Oh, I'm fairly certain we know what is broken. Someone knocked a cup full of water onto the most sensitive and expensive electrical parts and they stoped working, well, I know what is probably fried. It can be repaired, but it takes a long time for the folks I like to use. They do nice work, but this time of year, well, it could take a while and will almost creatainly cost. Last time we blew this piece out, I think Amelia and I were shooting Cradle of Filth and their hotel had bad wiring. It happens from time to time, but there is never a good time for it to happen.

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

That's too bad... I really love the way you two do lighting.. I like the original way the best, (even though I like the new stuff you did), but the original lighting, it really is your signature look.

Maybe it is time to experiment a bit until you get it fixed.... But definitely get it fixed no matter how long it takes. You've got a great look.

+ Reply to Thread