+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTF time is it?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default WTF time is it?

WTF time is it?

My cable and computers think it is 5:45pm Pacific and my cell phone thinks it is 6:45pm Pacific. My car thought it was 6:45, but I changed it. Ditto for my alarm clock. Which appliance is correct?

Default Re: WTF time is it?

Its 10:21 Eastern currently. New York Time.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

daylight savings?

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Confucious says that man with two watches never know what time it is.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

yeah time changes november 4th the news said... in canada anyways... i imagine itd be the same for the states... who knows?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Times changed here (england) yesterday so instead of being five hrs ahead of the east coast of the states I'm now only four hrs ahead - till next sunday when times change there. here at exactly this moment it is 3:56 am. not that that actually means anything on the west coast.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    WTF time is it?
    WTF time is it Amelia?

it's peanutbutter jelly time! peanutbutter jelly time! peanutbutter jelly time!!

sorry couldn't resist

happy halloween

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Times changed here (england) yesterday so instead of being five hrs ahead of the east coast of the states I'm now only four hrs ahead - till next sunday when times change there. here at exactly this moment it is 3:56 am. not that that actually means anything on the west coast.

~K
    That would put those of us in on the West coasts of the US, Canada and Mexico about seven hours behind you, K., at about 8:56 PM or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Friendly
    WTF time is it Amelia?

it's peanutbutter jelly time! peanutbutter jelly time! peanutbutter jelly time!!

sorry couldn't resist

happy halloween
    :
    Not helpful, but funny nonetheless!!!!

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i dunno. i go off of "arizona stupid time" we're te only state in the us tha doesntdo day lght savings but i think cali right now is an hour behin us so ummmmm.....it's 10:46 pm here. that should make it 9:46pm i think in cali.

There are parts of Indiana that are also exempted from Daylight Saving Time as well.

Something to do with dairy farmers complaining about how their cows' milking rhythms are thrown off by the earlier times.

Dunno for sure, as am neither a dairy farmer nor a cow.

yah but that'sparts. the whole state out here doesnt recognize it. it's whacky.one of te reasons i love this god forsaken sauna of a state lol

Well, as a northern neighbour of yours, from what little I've picked up about Arizona, and especially, its politics, over the years, all I can say is that Arizona is, uh.... different, shall we say???

Have an old and dear friend of mine who hailed from Kingman, and his accounts of bein' a teen-age punker there, drinkin', doin' drugs, and fightin' Nazi-Skins, both intrigued me and made me laugh like Hell.

But, hey, there are plenty of small towns in Arizona and all over the American West, including Nevada, from where I hail, that are full of bored kids looking for somethin', anythin', to do, even if it means a bit of trouble.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

k thats it, im movin to arizona.... i hate daylight savings time, its retarded. why was it even invented???

it was during on of the world wars, kind of a way to increase the hours of daylight in a workday or something.....another funy thing about arizona we were once a sepratecountry for abot a day but then got scared and rejoined the nion te nxt day. also, if two politcal oficials end up in a tie as far as being elected to office goes, te winner is decidd throuh a game of poker. oh! ad the capital building in phoenix?well, it was this angel on top of it. originally that angel was a wind direction thingy (you know, the thing that tells you which way the wind is blowig in?) and back in the wild west, cowboys would get loadedand shoot at it for target practice.

Daylight Saving Time was first implemented during the First World War, dropped in the '20's and '30's, then implemented again during the Second World War, for the reasons that Malcolm gave above.

The modern use of DST(not to be confused with the French intelligence agency of the same acronym)in the US comes from 1973, and the Energy Crisis of that year and the next several following.

Have unfortunately forgotten the explanation given at the time for why and how the use of DST was to help reduce energy use, but, it essentially stuck, except for parts of Indiana and the state of Arizona, and has been in use ever since.

wow! i feel pretty AND smarter! lol

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Rilea
    There are parts of Indiana that are also exempted...
    Something to do with dairy farmers...
    That's perfectly sensible - the last thing you want is to get home after a hard day and find your cow ain't in the mood....

no, wait.. that's something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    That's perfectly sensible - the last thing you want is to get home after a hard day and find your cow ain't in the mood....

no, wait.. that's something else...
    I'd say so, as can you imagine ANY farmer really a-wantin' to fuck a cow at 4:30-5:30 in the mornin'???

Any one that did wanna wake a cow on those ungodly hours deserves anything and everything Bossy'd do to 'im in return, 'cludin' kickin' the cocksucker right through the barn wall.

Actually, that'd probably be the horny, but extremely dumb, farmer's boy who'd try that action.

Can see the old man now, standin' over his kid after Bossy gave 'im a shot:

"Boy, what'd I tell ya 'bout tryin' to fuck the cows afore they've been milked??!! Swear to God, you ain't got the God-damned sense the Good Lord gave the common house-fly. The brains, sure. But, not the sense. Now, git up(kicks the boy, who's still on the ground and groans mightily in response to the kick), and go slop the hogs. We gotta a Helluva lotta work t'do, and I won't have ya lyin' 'round, like a twenny-dollar whore after a Shriners' convention. Now, g'wan, GIT(Farmer kicks his groggy son square between the ass cheeks)!!!!!(The boy staggers off towards the hog pens. Farmer watches his son wobble away, wondering if that boy's really his son, or if his wife had a go with the mailman. He spits out the wad of chewing tobacco, he's been working, and heads back to the cow barn to start the day's milking)"

Some people just ain't got the good sense that God gave the common maggot, I think.

+ Reply to Thread