+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jewelry & Accessories

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Jewelry & Accessories

Lately I've been looking at assorted rings, pendants, and what not trying to add a bit more fun into my wardrobe. For the most part everything I like always seems to be from some shop in London or at least London based. Thank god for the interwebnet since much of the stuff sold seems to stay on the other side of the pond (Though It was odd to have some pendants I ordered arrive faster than something I ordered from the midwest...thank you U.S. Mail). All in all though their seems to be far more interesting items scattered around the globe than one normally sees these days in even GOOD retail shops. It sure makes finding something that ties into your personality easier...even if you at times only have an image to go by.

So I'm curious what jewelry, accessories, etc. each of you are fond of. Anything stand out that you've never seen again? or is it something hand made? I've always liked items people hand craft since it tends to have more detail and personality to it...and inspires one to create something just as cool. Things like this tend to be far easier for many to make than say a shirt or pants...

If you have any particular shops (online and off) you enjoy do share. I'm sure we're all looking for a cool little trinket to add or fall in love with.

Default Re: Jewelry & Accessories

dont know, but I know what Id like to make if I could find the materials.. If I can find some bones(plastic or otherwise) that form human hands, and make a choker colar , wraping around the throat like a chokehold from behind

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

When it comes to accessories I tend to buy in store rather than online. I love African import stores for bracelets, head wraps, and rings. I've just recently found here locally a little Phillippino import store I love.

I like odd kinds of things so I tend to look strange places. For things like chokers, necklaces, other jingly type things I really like belly dancing accessories, junk stores.

If you're going to buy online keep in mind the dimensions of what you're buying. Also if you're just starting up a collection having a good solid selection of things that you can wear with anything is good. I'll have to look through my links and I'll see if I can find some of the shops I really like.

For starters though:

Gothic Auctions This is a great auction site. I've bought quite a bit there from books to clothes and haven't been disappointed yet.

Goth Auctions this one I don't like quite as much because I don't tend to find as much stuff I like. Both are free to sign up and buy. The people are mostly friendly.

More later.

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

+ Reply to Thread