+ Reply to Thread

Thread: medication

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

Default medication

the new injection of the pill women can get in their arm that lasts months is pretty cool, but what i wanna know is if they could do it with other medications.
    imagine getting the local homeless nut and giving him an injection that last months to deal with the mental problem hes got. suddenly hes just homeless not mad, and would be easier to help.
    but no, most of the money medical researcher get are for old guys to keep their hardons and other stuff rich old farts think they need.

thats my little rant

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Default Re: medication

haha well....never thought 'bout it like that,most doctorsare fucks anyways ,im not that suprised,they just steal your damn money in the same way dumb fuck mechanics do,preying on the stuipidity of others.......

theres a lil' doctor rant to add to it..........hahaaaaa!!

adorn_shadow's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by grebo
    the new injection of the pill women can get in their arm that lasts months is pretty cool, but what i wanna know is if they could do it with other medications.
    imagine getting the local homeless nut and giving him an injection that last months to deal with the mental problem hes got. suddenly hes just homeless not mad, and would be easier to help.
    but no, most of the money medical researcher get are for old guys to keep their hardons and other stuff rich old farts think they need.

thats my little rant
    Old fucks that like their boners pay taxes! Homeless guys dont!
    At a quick glance that would seem to be the reason however, if you helped the homeless then you wouldnt be "wasting" tax dollars on shelters and food banks yadda yadda. And when i say wasting i certaintly dont think that food banks and shelters are a waste just poor use of words i guess.

It does seem like a good idea, but with some medications it would probably be impossible to do. Either way, I don't think they would be giving it to a homeless person. Sad to say, the most I think homeless people get out of our government is Salvation Army for shelter in unlivable weather.

I really hate it when people tell homeless people to get a job. Let's think logically here. What do you need in order to get a job? An address and a phone number would probably give a dead give away that they can't get a job seeing as how they don't have a home and it the 2nd or 3rd thing on an application for any job. If a homeless person doesn't have friends or family, they are most likely going to be left homeless and jobless.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Actually, I think the idea of a medication you are stuck with for a long time is creepy. I tried the pill to regulate my period, as it is somewhat random otherwise, and I had horrible reactions to it. If, when I decided to stop taking it, I was just stuck for months, that would have really sucked.

Cspine_ae's Avatar Junior Member

as a guy i'd rather be the one taking the bc pills. my repro system is less complicated and would probably react better.

3 month head med shots would be great for all mentals. good idea grebo.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

It seems to me that with the advancement of medicine, they should be able to come up with a more innocuous and foolproof method of birth control. I would tend to agree that it should be given to males. Abortion as a form of birth control is extremely dangerous to women, imo. I feel sympathy for homeless. I do not believe they often can or should be told to get jobs. I actually respect their ability to perservere under incredibly difficult circumstances. Regardless, I believe folks should be allowed to get whatever medical enhancements that please them.

OEC

grebo's Avatar Senior Member

in a ben elton book he talks about spray on condom that only comes off when you use a remover spray, but people get drunk and cant find the remover and end up at the chemist trying to buy remover with a bag of piss in their pants

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

btu some guys need injections/pills to get a boner......

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Actually, I think the idea of a medication you are stuck with for a long time is creepy. I tried the pill to regulate my period, as it is somewhat random otherwise, and I had horrible reactions to it. If, when I decided to stop taking it, I was just stuck for months, that would have really sucked.

a freind of mine got the birth control shot and it caused her to gain about 60 lbs; they didnt even tell her that it could cause her to gain weight.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

it got it and it made my wieght so messed up. one minute im like 130 and the next im 220 and vice versa. its so crazy.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

thats my little rant
    There are a few anti-psychotic medications that are injectable and long acting. They are older though, and the side effects are not pleasent. And you cant just force medication on people like that, regardless of sanity.

The birth control shot fucked me all up. I lost weight, got migrane headaches, and started lactating.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

here's a stretch... ever hear of using a condom? they don't cause you to gain weight, or have any side effects and are available for free at your local planned parenthood. of course they aren't as convinient as a shot in the arm every six months, and aren't as comfortable as birth control pills... but hey, aids is a lot better than spending five seconds to open a package and a slight loss of sensation.

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

i like your idea!! that would help a lot of people!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    here's a stretch... ever hear of using a condom? they don't cause you to gain weight, or have any side effects and are available for free at your local planned parenthood. of course they aren't as convinient as a shot in the arm every six months, and aren't as comfortable as birth control pills... but hey, aids is a lot better than spending five seconds to open a package and a slight loss of sensation.
    Alot of women need BCP to regulate their menstral cycles, and help ease the suffering of endometreosis, jackass.

women don't need anything, you jackass. last time I checked women have been having thier menstral cycle for millions of years and the human race seems to have thrived thus far.

women don't need anything, you jackass. last time I checked women have been having thier menstral cycle for millions of years and the human race seems to have thrived thus far.
    I hope you realize how uneducated and ignorant you sound with these statements.

I'm on the BC patch. It works pretty well for me, except I gain 5-10 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    I hope you realize how uneducated and ignorant you sound with these statements.
    I hope you realise that you're a bitch. you don't know shit and childish name calling and unwaranted personal attacks don't do anything to prove your intellect, but since I guess that's impossible, why don't I put it in terms you can understand: go fuck yourself.

sorry to get so agrevated
    but I don't like it when people call me names and give me shit and say I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm not intelligent when I am the one that uses logical reasoning and facts to support my arguments, which calling me stupid may help someone with a low self esteem, but it does nothing to prove thier point as being correct

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    It seems to me that with the advancement of medicine, they should be able to come up with a more innocuous and foolproof method of birth control.
    let's pretend you run a drug company. do you want to sell people one pill that lasts three months, or a packet of twenty-eight pills that last for one month, three times? do the math.

whenever there's something that doesn't quite make sense on the surface, recite the old latin phrase Cui Bono?

Who Profits?

once you work out where the money is going, enlightenment often follows.

Abortion as a form of birth control is extremely dangerous to women, imo.
    y'know, the Church of the Subgenius believes that abortion should be legal up to the fiftieth trimester. if a person isn't a SubG by then, it's too late for them.

Regardless, I believe folks should be allowed to get whatever medical enhancements that please them.
    two words: Michael Jackson.

two more words: Lolo Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    It seems to me that with the advancement of medicine, they should be able to come up with a more innocuous and foolproof method of birth control. I would tend to agree that it should be given to males.
    in Joe Haldeman's The Forever War, the military had a fairly good solution: when a guy joins the service, he deposits some sperm in a sperm bank and is then given a vasectomy. if he wants kids later on, it's done in vitro.

the reason this won't work in the real world is that guys in general equate vasectomy with loss of potency. it's hard to talk them into accepting an operation which they think makes them less of a man. shrug

Quote Originally Posted by suicidal_tendencies
    btu some guys need injections/pills to get a boner......

in that case, they probably shouldn't be breeding. YOU! YES, YOU! BACK TO THE SHALLOW END OF THE GENE POOL!

this might sound a bit odd, but i'd rather old guys were going to doctors and getting injections for potency, rather than having them go to a Chinese naturopath who will prescribe something made from almost-extinct animals.

here's a stretch... ever hear of using a condom?
    but the Pope says condoms are wrong! what are you, some kind of Satanist?

but hey, aids is a lot better than spending five seconds to open a package and a slight loss of sensation.
    you should be a stand-up comedian in Somalia.

Quote Originally Posted by some kind of thixotropic mixture, i guess
    women don't need anything, you jackass.
    fine. that spider in the bathtub? you fucking deal with it.

last time I checked women have been having thier menstral cycle for millions of years...
    millions of years, huh? i haven't been to the library recently, but i didn't think the back issues of the American Medical Journal went back that far.

considering we've only had agriculture for about fifteen thousand years, and a written fucking language for about eight thousand...

(muttering) millions of years. you idiot.

...when I am the one that uses logical reasoning and facts to support my arguments...

tell us some more about your records that go back millions of years. did a giant comet really wipe out the dinosaurs?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    tell us some more about your records that go back millions of years. did a giant comet really wipe out the dinosaurs?
    Total lie created by Fox News B.C.

Dino's where wiped out by a combination of not following Dinosaur Jesus and the decay of the social moral fabric caused by Dinosaur Hollywood. After MILLIONS of years...it was just finally was too much so they boarded a space ship and flew into the sun on the misconception it was a doorway into a utopia filled with fields of weed and waterfalls of wine.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

hahahah i think Morning just got verbally bitch slapped by Sheramil.. go you.....

bre.star's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkiss.
    a freind of mine got the birth control shot and it caused her to gain about 60 lbs; they didnt even tell her that it could cause her to gain weight.

jesus christ! 60 pounds! holy shit! that sucks... i gained about 10 pounds but you could never tell because i am fat anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Dino's were wiped out by a combination of not following Dinosaur Jesus and the decay of the social moral fabric caused by Dinosaur Hollywood.
    and Dinosaur Jesus had his problems, too. imagine trying to nail him to a cross, with those tiny little hands.

once, in a biology class, i tried to crucify a dead rat. its little arms weren't long enough.

as you can imagine, they didn't like me very much at St Thomas Aquinas college. i got used to being called an apostate.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkat
    hahahah i think Morning just got verbally bitch slapped by Sheramil.. go you.....

(alarm) what? me? no! i'm really a very mild-mannered person. unless people start talking crap, then my eyes go red, my blood pressure goes through the roof and i tear people rim from rim.

i gotta get me one of those Neal Stephenson-style tattoos on my forehead:

POOR IMPULSE CONTROL

considering we've only had agriculture for about fifteen thousand years, and a written fucking language for about eight thousand...

(muttering) millions of years. you idiot.
    here's an interesting article, purely for comical reasons so we can all laugh at the ridiculousness of carbon and relative dating, because we all know that the world was created by Jevovah 15,000 years ago, and woman was made from adams rib.

Prominent Hominid Fossils

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

in Joe Haldeman's The Forever War, the military had a fairly good solution: when a guy joins the service, he deposits some sperm in a sperm bank and is then given a vasectomy. if he wants kids later on, it's done in vitro.

the reason this won't work in the real world is that guys in general equate vasectomy with loss of potency. it's hard to talk them into accepting an operation which they think makes them less of a man. shrug
    That would be a good solution. You are probably right as to why it will never happen.

OEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Total lie created by Fox News B.C.

Dino's where wiped out by a combination of not following Dinosaur Jesus and the decay of the social moral fabric caused by Dinosaur Hollywood. After MILLIONS of years...it was just finally was too much so they boarded a space ship and flew into the sun on the misconception it was a doorway into a utopia filled with fields of weed and waterfalls of wine.
    that's just stupid. the dinosaurs were wiped out by left-wing liberals. duh.

sorry to get so agrevated
    but I don't like it when people call me names and give me shit and say I don't know what I'm talking about and that I'm not intelligent when I am the one that uses logical reasoning and facts to support my arguments, which calling me stupid may help someone with a low self esteem, but it does nothing to prove thier point as being correct
    The statments you made seem to me that your telling females to stop being irresponsible whores, and wear a condom instead of taking birth control. When the majority of us were discussing how hormone pills have negative effects, and if you go back and read, that the pills were being used for hormone regulation, among other things.
    So, before you go off on your little tangent, maybe you should think about what your saying. Do a little research into hormone pills, and see what their uses are, not just for avoiding pregnancy.
    I take the pill because I get fibriods the size of grapefruits on my ovaries, and those could kill me.
    So mr smarty pants, STFU

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    The statments you made seem to me that your telling females to stop being irresponsible whores, and wear a condom instead of taking birth control. When the majority of us were discussing how hormone pills have negative effects, and if you go back and read, that the pills were being used for hormone regulation, among other things.
    So, before you go off on your little tangent, maybe you should think about what your saying. Do a little research into hormone pills, and see what their uses are, not just for avoiding pregnancy.
    I take the pill because I get fibriods the size of grapefruits on my ovaries, and those could kill me.
    So mr smarty pants, STFU
    Well, I think kellie pretty much covered what I was going to say on the thread topic here. I personally had a very bad experience with the pill and I also did NOT take it for birth control but for serious health issues.

Women used to push out a few kids and die in their early twenties too, but I don't think we should advocate going back to that system when we have all the advances of humankind and marvels of modern science that we do. Not every invention works for every person, especially in the case of medical science, but there is no sense in being a luddite. Especially not while using the internet which is kinda newfangled.

On the topic of general board manners, I am all in favor of spirited exchange of ideas and opinions. Varied opinions are welcome on Blue Blood. But people, please read the thread and respond to what people are actually talking about rather than spouting a kneejerk opinion to some personal hot button. Intelligent discourse is key.

PS sheramil, you rule! I've always thought I should know someone with a Snow Crash tattoo, but alas I do not.

...so we can all laugh at the ridiculousness of carbon and relative dating, because we all know that the world was created by Jevovah 15,000 years ago...

nothing in that URL suggests women have been menstruating for "millions of years".

a cursory google tells me that the lower primates don't menstruate.

i wasn't ridiculing carbon dating; i was ridiculing your exaggeration.

the age of the Earth is supposed to be 4004 years, according to biblical research done by some twit named Bishop James Ussher.

you aren't quite the complete idiot, but you seem to be well on the way.

I've always thought I should know someone with a Snow Crash tattoo, but alas I do not.
    some people should have them whether they want them or not!

my next tattoo is probably going to be a brief sentence in the Klingon pIQad script. or side A of the Hellraiser Puzzlebox, if i can find someone who isn't scared off by the complexity.

+ Reply to Thread