+ Reply to Thread

Thread: String Up The Damned

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default String Up The Damned

In recent months this lil forum community has seen a bit of a spike in new members but the loss of many key ones. Now that is totally natural given how so many of us have lives that rise and fall like a roller coaster or the simple fact people get bored and move on.

That said though their is also the truth that many of us (myself included) have kinda screwed up a few things. My biggest mistake was focusing so much on current affairs and politics. I readily admit I contributed to that nasty habit of political minded threads. As much of an interest as its obviously going to be it can drown out the reason so many joined. Truth be told such threads really add nothing to this lil community. Neither of us are charismatic enough to change anothers political idealogies. Also that's not really a big focus of what this message board is attached too...I think many of us forgot the whole Blue Blood aspect. That really seems to have caused many of the more interesting members to either go low profile or roll their eyes a bit at the influx of...and lets be honest...inane threads. Call it your or lack of experience...their was a lack of quality in a majority of the discussions.

I think a good chunk of us joined cause we were fans of Blue Blood and those attached to it. So as much as some of us may become regulars...we're still sorta playing in another persons sandbox and we can't get too comfortable. We do have to add as much as we are given and not let repetition dog and destory...

I mention all this cause I know it's been on a few peoples minds and I know some of us who are here really miss the interaction with members who haven't been as vocal as of late. While I'm not saying what I listed above is the ONLY reasons they have been less active...it has popped up a few times in their reasons. I'm not going to name names and all that cause it's not the point and really it's more universal then that.

Unlike other message boards...this one really is special. It's a unique protal and playing ground for a variety or things erotic and intellectual. Occasionally we need to be reminded of that. As a fan of many of the women and creators involved in Blue Blood I must say that getting to talk with a few of them on this board is really a treat. Not to take anything away from the other members but they are really why I joined...I liked the level of interaction with them. It's balanced as it should be...enough distance to keep things comfortable for everyone but not so much praise that it drowns out discussion. As a result, and I think some of you will agree, you see both the women and creators in a much diffrent light...one of a lot more respect than blind fandom.

That kind of all gets lost when we dive into this intellectual masterbation sessions of one upmanship about topics we KNOW from the outset will have no real end, benefit, or point other than to show we can string words together...and by now you are well aware I am as guilty of that as anyone. I do appologize for that.

I don't want anyone to think I'm proposing we have to do things in one way and one way only...lets face it we're all pretty hardline individuals with personalities that are too wide ranging for that...but I do think we can take the opportunity and community we've been given and make it better and more interesting for ALL involved.

Cause lets face it...it's quite dull to argue with the same people again and adain and it's much more fun to interact with diffrent ones. Plus it'd be nice to see some old faces hopefully pop back on...

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Default Re: String Up The Damned

Youve said everything Ive been thinking. Kudos to you and this post. Hopefully youll get more response.

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

i don't know just how much i can talk,i think i've been here a good while,august,and i can certainly see a change, not that im an innocent either,by no means am i,but there does seem to be a whole lot more non-sense here these days......there seemed to be alot more photoshoot,fetish.ect. threads going on...........now alot of fighting and random ass topics.............theres probally more i could type but apperantly i just woke up from a lil' nap,how cool,haha...........

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Agree. It is hard to resist some of the topics that come up. We're all very opinionated and have our own convictions. I know I am not innocent either. I need a better idea of what topics people would find more conducive to a community spirit. For the most part, I just joke around with Elizabeth Bathory.

OEC

Damniel's Avatar Senior Member

I'm a quiet member but i do read most of the threads and they do have changed although it's now that i've talking more i'd liked it better at the begining. Good one Tequila.

+ Reply to Thread