+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DIY Fad Diet

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default DIY Fad Diet

If you could only eat one food for a whole month, what would you choose? Let's make our own fad diets!

PS I've been eating low carb for waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than it has been in style. So there.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Default Re: DIY Fad Diet

One food, as in spinach? or one type of food, as in japanese, chinese, greek, italian? I'll eat at different sushi or mediterranean places for a whole month. Don't know if I can handle just eating spinach, or any other singular food item, for a whole month though. ;p

Does the low carb thing help? My mom's into it as well, and I've been interested in it and have cut down... somewhat.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Potatoes. So much for low-carb.

~Histrionica~

I would have to say Chicken fried rice.......Love that stuff.....

vixta's Avatar rabid mutterings
    a red light district in the west midlands, uk

that would have to be watermelon. hmmm. or violet creams.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

pizza if i can switch topings evry day

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I could eat sushi fer a whole month. Low carb, Low sugar, high protein. Just add bananas and we're good. except that I hate bananas. ionce went a month on nothing but Mountain Dew and ramen noodles. didn't do much for my health but iwas alive to play another game. that was so long ago though, dunno if i could do it again.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    One food, as in spinach? or one type of food, as in japanese, chinese, greek, italian? I'll eat at different sushi or mediterranean places for a whole month. Don't know if I can handle just eating spinach, or any other singular food item, for a whole month though. ;p

Does the low carb thing help? My mom's into it as well, and I've been interested in it and have cut down... somewhat.
    I've done a pretty much no carb diet and that does tend to favor lean tissue and reduce fat, but mostly I do the low carb thing because I feel much healthier and more energetic eating that way. If I get really sluggish, I just reduce my carb intake while increasing protein, and that usually does the trick.

Although I'm sure the sushi diet would be a much more fun one to do. Maybe we should all try that just for science

Expensive though.
    Just don't catch your own sushi and then eat it without freezing it first. I saw nasty pics of a guy who did that for years. Had these huge worms living in his head, they eventually ate his brain. http://www.kontraband.com/show/show....00053&CAT=pics
    K

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Oh. my. goodness.

* makes retching noise *

* goes to look again *

~Histrionica~

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Expensive though.
    Just don't catch your own sushi and then eat it without freezing it first. I saw nasty pics of a guy who did that for years. Had these huge worms living in his head, they eventually ate his brain. http://www.kontraband.com/show/show....00053&CAT=pics
    K
    I don't catch my own sushi and I do live in LA where they are probably careful about such things. But what if like a couple of pieces were not properly done up first. I've eaten sushi that friends have made and I do get migraines. How do they test for this? I'm getting all creeped out now.

Wouldn't worry about it, kid. If your friends bought the fish at a supermarket its been frozen and the worms won't get you. The migranes prolly have to do with like mecury levels in the fish. (really high in albacore tuna and salmon), no biggie. If it didn't kill you, you're fine.
    K

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Tomatoes, and if you watch any old vampire cartoons or movies, you'd say the same!

Well, My diet literally is Spaghettios & MeatBalls. I use Parmesean and Romano Cheese when I can.

That diet is only 87 cents a day.

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

I think I could eat 'za forever. I've done it for a few days straight, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Wouldn't worry about it, kid. If your friends bought the fish at a supermarket its been frozen and the worms won't get you. The migranes prolly have to do with like mecury levels in the fish. (really high in albacore tuna and salmon), no biggie. If it didn't kill you, you're fine.
    K
    Oh, I didn't mean I get migraines directly after eating sushi. I just get migraines doctors can't figure out. So I was getting ready to decide I've got worms in my head, but now I'm back to inexplicable headaches, which is much more palatable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Oh, I didn't mean I get migraines directly after eating sushi. I just get migraines doctors can't figure out. So I was getting ready to decide I've got worms in my head, but now I'm back to inexplicable headaches, which is much more palatable. Thanks.
    I used to get migranes all the time...I was taking Somas Like they were candy to relax and eaze the pain... Plus some other homegrown remedies

My grandmother recomended that I go to a Chiropractor and get my back adjusted....I went and it helped...I havent had migranes like that in a long time....Might be something worth looking into for you...

If not just smoke some of that Sticky Stuff and you wont know you have a head to hurt....

+ Reply to Thread