+ Reply to Thread

Thread: satan, anyone?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default satan, anyone?

I want to get a tattoo symbolizing the devil. but I want it to not be overt, so stupid people won't know what it is. not that I really care if people think i'm a satan worshipper, but I just want to be a little more creative then an old school guy with a goatee. I know that a lot of you guys are into this stuff, so any ideas? I was thinking maybe something like a pentagram, but that really doesn't have anything to do with satan. i'd only go for that if it was part of a cooler design.

Shivvenfist's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: satan, anyone?

Google Image Search "auroboros"

how about a baphomet?

or cyber baphomet

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

I have a few "satanic" tattoos myself and unfortunately I cant show them to ya. But I got a lot of my design ideas from old books. My favorite is a design that incorporates a pentagram with a goats head intertwined with ivy leaves. Im sure if you just check out some websites, you'll find more stuff than you'll ever be able to use. Good luck and post a pic of what you get done.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Look up Grand Grimoire...

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/grand.htm

There are a lot of satanic and demoic symbols that are not easily
    recognized, except with people with in-depth knowledge.

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

get the sword of omens tatooed on your dick then say thunder,thunder,thundercats hoooo

its to late for me i have the power of greyskull

yeah, google kind of tends to suck if you put in really broad terms. but thanks guys, there's some pretty cool ideas here.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

how about a tatoo of the planet saturn, that's where the idea for satan came from anyway

that's not true mr. karl. It actually came from the word (something like) 'shaitan', which is the hebrew word for enemy. I think you are thinking of venus, whose name in Greek is where the name "Lucifer" is derived from. kind of interesting that the church choose the name most representing female beauty to be the one meaning the root of all evil. that's just more male domination in the christian world, but that's another subject...

I cant defend myself right at the moment, I'm getting a flat fixed but when I get home I'll check the book (manly p hall- secret teachings of all ages) but I do remeber reading something like that and I dont think lucifer and satan are supposed to be the same thing

skintwisterman's Avatar Sunswallower

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    I cant defend myself right at the moment, I'm getting a flat fixed but when I get home I'll check the book (manly p hall- secret teachings of all ages) but I do remeber reading something like that and I dont think lucifer and satan are supposed to be the same thing
    There's lots of debate on this. Some believe the two are seperate, lucifer being Sammael, the first fallen angel, and the other being either a) one of his lieutenants or b) an angel sent to test men (IE and EG Job).
    Others interpret them as simple different titles of the same daemonic overlord.

I'd go for Baphomet, the goat's head in an inverted pentagram.

that's true, just like there are many different names of god in the bible, there are different accounts of fallen angels and devils and it's not really substaniated that they refer to only one being. nontheless, in later versions of the bible they just decided to reduce all of them into one character.

OK checked the book and you morning glory are quite. funny thing though the story I read it sort of reads that god is actualy satan who weaned Adam of desire and whatever, I'll reread it in the morning, it is food for thought. why exactly I dont know. the only tattoo I have is a small pentagram on my chest , (nothing to do with satan), I suppose I always remember asking my grandfather "whats that black thing on your arm?"

on another note santa is an anagram of satan

+ Reply to Thread